3.4.x stable

cmeisel

It is a matter of GUI design. "unpause" is not that illogical... Remember we used to have a mechanical pause button on VCRs that could be pressed and released...

Traffic seems to be close to 0, so not a big deal...

Un-pause, or Resume, I would be OK with. But it still says Pause, sort of misleading/confusing.

Traffic close to 0 because I could not pause it, I limited the bandwidth to 1KB/s (and didn't want to stop it fully for my own reasons). Of course I could stop, too, but technically, this sounds like a bug to me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the "Setup Guide": the Network test is still not working ok: keeps showing that there's no open port.

But I've opened the port by manually entering the TCP/UDP ports (I don't use uPnP) for my laptop and and desktop.

and the green tick "Network Ok" is shown at the bottom right corner of the screen while downloading.

Tried it in both my laptop(wi-fi) and desktop(ethernet), both using utorrent 3.4.2 build 33870 in win8.1 x64, and the router is Thomson 585v7.

About the "Setup Guide": the Network test is still not working ok: keeps showing that there's no open port.

But I've opened the port by manually entering the TCP/UDP ports (I don't use uPnP) for my laptop and and desktop.

and the green tick "Network Ok" is shown at the bottom right corner of the screen while downloading.

Tried it in both my laptop(wi-fi) and desktop(ethernet), both using utorrent 3.4.2 build 33870 in win8.1 x64, and the router is Thomson 585v7.

Most likely #12 here ...

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88339-34x-beta/?p=479433

Lived with the obnoxious Sync ad for a week taking over my uTorrent screen--it simply wouldn't go away, no matter how many times uTorrent was restarted.  Finally reinstalled the latest build for version 3.4.2, build 33870, and the issue has gone away.

edit:  Nope, the obnoxious Sync ad issue is back yet again.  Really, uTorrent?  Is there a setting that can be switched in the Advanced Preferences to turn the uTorrent obnoxious behavior off?  An ad once, ok; but not thereafter.

Archived