3.4.x stable

cmeisel

Rafi is usually helpful but that post telling us to get a better PC was like wut r u srs? I just had to make an account and post to prove someone isn't hallucinating a bug to end my years of lurking.

So, at least one good think resulted out of this...

And yes, I can now confirm the issue here too (using FF 35) ...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does that even remotely matter? The last stable build(s) did not have the problem, the latest stable does. My hardware didn't change regardless of what it is. But if it will make you people happy:

Win 8.1 x64

i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz

Mushkin SSD

8GB G.Skill Ripjaws

HIS 7950 IceQ X²

It matters because you never mentioned anything about specs. Rafi just gave you a generic answer as you didn't say reverting builds fixed anything.

Might want to just be a bit more thorough with your reporting, also try not to get so butt hurt over canned responses.

This, posted on the beta thread, may be of interest to some on this thread:

"Confirmed, there was an issue in build 38257 which caused the delay in loading torrents recently reported here.  We have reverted to 37754 and are working to fix the issue"

Source: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88339-34x-beta/page-79#entry500126

What mike2021969 and many others have posted is very important since build 38257 was released on the stable channel . I just reverted back to build 37754 and everything is working as it should, please do yourself a favor and do the same and also spread the word! Just update to build 38397 devs actually fixed the torrent delay issue!

Meh. I'm running 3.4.2 Build 36802 and it runs like a dream. No point to updating other than to give programmers something to do.
::stays::

If there's a version that stops my internet provider from sending me letters about being naughty for downloading this or that, then i'll consider it lol.

It matters because you never mentioned anything about specs. Rafi just gave you a generic answer as you didn't say reverting builds fixed anything.

Might want to just be a bit more thorough with your reporting, also try not to get so butt hurt over canned responses.

No. Because specs had absolutely ZERO to do with it. Think sometimes. Use your brain. Yes, Rafi DID give a generic answer, which was the exact point ever since said generic post was made.

No. Because specs had absolutely ZERO to do with it. Think sometimes. Use your brain. Yes, Rafi DID give a generic answer, which was the exact point ever since said generic post was made.

And the point you obviously missed in my reply was.. He didn't know that... sharpen up a bit huh?

And the point you obviously missed in my reply was.. He didn't know that... sharpen up a bit huh?

I missed nothing, although the point you continue to miss is that once again, specs had nothing to do with it. Not mine, nor anyone else's specs had a single thing to do with it. Even if my specs HAD been poor, it had nothing to do with it. It wasn't a specs issue, therefore no ones specs were needed. And had they been poor? Then what? It still wouldn't have mattered because it had nothing to do with specs. Good or bad. PERIOD. The guy ASSUMED I had a crappy PC and made that assumption that it was a specs issue without even having tried the version for himself. Then later stated stated that he experienced the bug as well. If a single person thought for one second, that the build in question was the first build I had ever tried then MAYBE it could have been due to a crap PC. But when my profile clearly states that I have been a member since 2011 - that would signify that I have previously used at least SOME version(s) of uTorrent at LEAST back to that date... making the assumption of it being due to specs null and void because the requirements for running uTorrent haven't changed significantly since then. Not to mention it doesn't take an f'ing PC with mega specs to run it in the first place. It runs perfectly fine spec-wise on a 20 year old PC. So yeah. Look who needs the sharpening, Mr. Brilliant. Now off to bed little one. With no supper. Tut tut!!!

Generic complaint gets generic response.

I don't think it was a generic complaint.

It was specified exactly what the problem was and how to reproduce it.

Something that could easily be tested by anyone wishing to post a response (& which rafi later confirmed there was a problem with at his end. If only he had checked before replying!).

A generic complaint would have been something like "such and such a build of uTorrent doesn't work" with no details.

Aren't you all done debating my post, especially since I confirmed later, and the bug has been fixed already?! :P

Enough!... ;)

Haha, no, not really. I was just sticking up for myself towards Ryrynz that my post was valid in the first place. I'm pretty sure Mike and myself covered it all with our last posts. It's over and done with for me. :-)

2015-1-23: Version 3.4.2 (build 38257) Stable

Restore compact category view

Spacing is still excessively large for me, using Windows 7 with DPI set to 100%. Is there any additional action I need to take to restore the compact category list spacing?

UVO8Bol.png

Tested build 38257 as well as the current build 38397. I wanted to test the betas that introduced the fix (builds 38068, 38223), but their download links lead to an error message ("No matching uuid.").

Am I the only one that doesn't get update notifications with my client? Every time i manually check for updates, it tells me it is up to date, But yet I go to the site to download uTorrent and it is a newer version. Currently using 3.4.2 build 37951

That's normal. It won't offer you an update after every build. If it's working OK, don't worry about it. I don't know exactly how those internal update offers via the client are scheduled but probably several weeks or months apart. Otherwise you could catch a dreaded disease _ update-me-itus. :)

Spacing is still excessively large for me, using Windows 7 with DPI set to 100%. Is there any additional action I need to take to restore the compact category list spacing?

UVO8Bol.png

Tested build 38257 as well as the current build 38397. I wanted to test the betas that introduced the fix (builds 38068, 38223), but their download links lead to an error message ("No matching uuid.").

Wait Wait... how you have HIDE the "Upgrade to Pro" ??

Archived