and there is this ad at the bottom left corner of the screen:

iinitially it's this way:

01ZM9Vt.jpg

and after 1 sec it becomes an ad:

5jHdAze.jpg

Is there a way to disable it?

The option in Options>"Show Plus information" has been removed

and I haven't found any relevant entry in Advanced Prefs,

The µTorrent Plus frame can no longer be removed, making the program unusable on smaller screens <= 800 px tall, while gui.tall_category_list is set to false to have more space for file and peer listings in Detailed view. With settings that fully disabled ads before, the frame does not become another ad for me.

Assuming the Plus ad is of no use (obviously), and we don't have any "Devices", loading a hidden Internet Explorer window is unnecessary (startup delay, slight memory use).

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. I won't be upgrading to 3.4.2 until you can hide the the plus information again. Scummy move from uTorrent devs.

With settings that fully disabled ads before, the frame does not become another ad for me.

Prior to 3.4.2, options -> show plus information toggled the presence of the UI element, while offers.left_rail_offer_enabled controlled whether this UI elements shows a dynamically loaded ad or the static "plus upsell" text.

Has the speed and port checker been removed?

I cannot find it either. Strange  :(

I dont have this problem, u sure doing it right?

You mean you have the left categories pane open, and no "uT Plus" banner-ad? Can you post your settings.dat file?

I haven't installed 3.4.2, so no I don't have the problem. But the people I quoted are, and I'm not risking the upgrade if it's true. I'll be sticking with 3.4.1 until I hear confirmation you can still disable it.

Risking the upgrade? What risk? Since when is an advert a risk? What are you smoking man?

You can disable the non utorrent advertising by setting offers.left_rail_offer_enabled to false as Conquerist said above.

Why would you not bother to upgrade just because of a small area now the screen being dedicated to Plus advertising?

I don't really like it, but I'm not going to stick my head in the ground about it either...

Risking the upgrade? What risk? Since when is an advert a risk? What are you smoking man?

You can disable the non utorrent advertising by setting offers.left_rail_offer_enabled to false as Conquerist said above.

Why would you not bother to upgrade just because of a small area now the screen being dedicated to Plus advertising?

I don't really like it, but I'm not going to stick my head in the ground about it either...

Not like I'm really missing anything anyway with these so called "stable" releases.

Not like I'm really missing anything anyway with these so called "stable" releases.

I'd like to think they're slowly getting better...

It's only taken a couple of years...

Adam have you ever thought of posting release info in the thread rather than just "silently" updating the first post? This is how most forums for software development work..

I haven't installed 3.4.2, so no I don't have the problem. But the people I quoted are, and I'm not risking the upgrade if it's true. I'll be sticking with 3.4.1 until I hear confirmation you can still disable it.

I think u misunderstood me, i already have 3.4.2 and there is no AD whatsoever.

I cannot find it either. Strange  :(

You mean you have the left categories pane open, and no "uT Plus" banner-ad? Can you post your settings.dat file?

If u mean the option F7 (Show the sidebar) then no, i have it disabled, since i dont need it but if i enable it, i have the same categories panel that i had on 3.4.1 with no ads.

My settings.dat file   >> http://goo.gl/3RvzHf

If u mean the option F7 (Show the sidebar) then no, i have it disabled, since i dont need it but if i enable it, i have the same categories panel that i had on 3.4.1 with no ads.

My settings.dat file   >> http://goo.gl/3RvzHf

Yes F7. Any screenshot with the left sidebar open and no uT+ ad? Because I can see it with your settings....

Where did "show plus information" from option menu go to? There is no possibility to hide the crap now.

They want more people to buy the annual subscription for the plus version . (1 Year Subscription for 1 PC $19.95(per year))

Archived