3.4.x stable

cmeisel

@Beasly - you got quoted on TorrentFreak!  :)

http://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-makes-advertisement-unremovable-in-latest-release-140602/

Looks like another un-"stable" release I'll be skipping on.

They can't even fix the *serious* issues before trying to squeeze more blood out of users.

IMHO, a new (replacement) client can't come soon enough - till then, I'll just stick with 2.2.1 .... I think they're not just shooting themselves in the foot, I think they're out and out shooting themselves in the HEAD.  If ads cannot be disabled, I am predicting the end of uT (for anyone with experience & knowledge).  Simple as that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like another un-"stable" release I'll be skipping on.

They can't even fix the *serious* issues before trying to squeeze more blood out of users.

I've said time and again that they need to focus on bugs, could you guys focus on delivering a 3.4.3 solely to address issues listed by rafi or other members?

Also, for the love of God, get someone to communicate here on the forum, this thief in the shadows type business is ridiculous.  :ph34r:

I'll say what I said about two years ago, I'd pay like ~$10 for a ad free enhanced (smaller, faster, extra features etc) version of uTorrent, that's it.

I'm not gaining anything by buying the plus version IMO. Where is this lite version BTW?

You guys are heading down the wrong path, either give a crap about the community or don't.. word will spread regardless.

Grats on the quote Beasly  :P

Hey Deathstalker, I'd like to think we're the squeezers here :)

It's broken again in 3.4.2.31574 beta too.

Someone get some more banana's for the dev's :D

attachicon.gif2014.06.03_16h37m53s_001_μTorrent 3-4-2 Beta build 31574.jpg

Yeap, development of bells and whistles in version plus it's certainly a priority for development and repair of the main functionality of the program. Guys, please understand - nobody in his right mind will not even look at an extended version of a program when a version with the basic functionality much buggy. The maximum that is useful in the plus version for the home user, this antivirus and even that is questionable idea, for many it is installed normally. Other functions, like DNLA, etc. functionality already doesn't have to torrent nothing... you turn into NERO ;)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero_Burning_ROM

@Beasly - My uTorrent client was updated to 3.4.2.31554 version. Can you tell me if this is genuine version or if my camputer get a virus. I only noticed it becouse uTorrent PLUS ad was gone.

I couldn't get any information about this version. I'm only using "stable" releases. My previous one was 3.4.2_31515.

I would really appreciate some explanaton.  

My uTorrent client was updated to 3.4.2.31554 version. Can you tell me if this is genuine version or if my camputer get a virus. I only noticed it becouse uTorrent PLUS ad was gone.

3.4.2.31515 is the latest stable version...If it updated from this site then it's most likely not a virus.

3.4.2.31515  --  deleteing a GROUP of trackers (cnltrl-click multiple) no longer works; delete a single is ok.

-- the port check and speed test no longer pop up when clicking the network status icon in lower right corner. it's not on the menu anymore either.

3.4.2.31515  --  deleteing a GROUP of trackers (cnltrl-click multiple) no longer works; delete a single is ok.

+1.

I somehow manged to delete a group but it looks like a mess there. "Update In" doesn't show as before.

-- the port check and speed test no longer pop up when clicking the network status icon in lower right corner. it's not on the menu anymore either.

HOW DO you guys manage to break something with EVERY build? I swear it is some kind of talent.. wow.

javacatpaul, on 03 Jun 2014 - 9:07 PM, said:snapback.png

You are wrong, they are being deleted. You just cannot see that they are in the tab.... :P Look at properties...  At least with 31374 beta, the trackers' tab is not being refreshed after deleting the torrents *if * (and only if...) the torrent is inactive (stopped). When the trackers status is actively changing and the GUI refreshes - all is visible...

No big deal, you can live with that, right?..... ;)

I had constant crashing with earlier versions of 3.4.x, but I tried downloading 31515, and during installation, it checked and found 31605.  I'm running that, and thankfully the crashing seems to have been fixed.  I have two questions about 3.4.x

1) In 3.4, the vertical size of the graphical status bar was increased.  This is very annoying, as it reduces the number of torrents visible on the screen.  Is there any way to reduce it's size?

2) In 3.3 and before, in the speed tab write statistics, the amount of data in the "to cache" and "to file" lines were the same after a download was finished.  Now, they are not.  To cache is about double to file right now in my setup.  What changed?

2) is a bug ... see my list of issues/sig

1) by how much ? 0.01" matters that much?

It does matter. The extra white space is annoying to me, and it's significantly more than 0.01".  There's now room for another line of text between each torrent name, in effect the list is now double spaced.  There was nothing wrong with the thinner graphics before. 

Archived