3.4.x stable

cmeisel

Bans are not being displayed/reported in the log anymore; un-ban's are still there.

Occasionally (but not always), filtering for "active" (via left pane) shows fewer than all the active torrents (left says "Active(2)", but only 1 shows up; filter for all and 2 are indeed active).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got this message when updating from lastest version:

A newer version of uTorrent, 3.4.2 build 31893 is already installed

Would you like to downgrade to 3.4.2 build 31952 ?

Clicking "No" runs your installed version of uTorrent.

am I missing something?? because 31952 is bigger (newer) than 31893

got this message when updating from lastest version:

A newer version of uTorrent, 3.4.2 build 31893 is already installed

Would you like to downgrade to 3.4.2 build 31952 ?

Clicking "No" runs your installed version of uTorrent.

am I missing something?? because 31952 is bigger (newer) than 31893

Yeah sorry about that small discrepancy.  Your 31893 is a stable build and 31952 is a beta build.  Currently we have things set across the board so that stable builds are always considered higher versions than beta builds.  This may or may not be the right behavior and we may be changing it, but it's what we're working with at the moment.  So in that regard this is the expected behavior.  Sorry it seems confusing.

This may or may not be the right behavior and we may be changing it, but it's what we're working with at the moment.  So in that regard this is the expected behavior.  Sorry it seems confusing.

So, unless you want people to guess that new "system" of yours, why not just simply write is  in the text ? like :

if (new_build_no > old_build_no) && (new_version == beta && old_version == stable)

{

Construct text string like:

"

A STABLE version of uTorrent, 3.4.2 stable build 31893 is already installed

Would you like to REVERT to 3.4.2 BETA build 31952 ?

"

}

Just my 2 cents - spend 2 minutes thinking of your users' comprehension skills and rephrase ... 

In vain have not given the opportunity to properly disable all ads. I congratulate you, now over the network walk patched community version without ads and without a digital signature. Now a large number hamsters can catch the virus if you download this version is not from the sources of the community.

Version 3.4.2 build 31893 seems to work OK glitches with RSS, DHT or what other functionality I have not been found. :D 

But nevertheless I ask the developers to think again and return the ability to completely turn off advertising.

Yeah sorry about that small discrepancy.  Your 31893 is a stable build and 31952 is a beta build.  Currently we have things set across the board so that stable builds are always considered higher versions than beta builds.  This may or may not be the right behavior and we may be changing it, but it's what we're working with at the moment.  So in that regard this is the expected behavior.  Sorry it seems confusing.

It would be nice if when a new version is offered the dialog would specify whether it was offering a beta or a stable build.  As it is we have to play guessing games when we come here to see see what we've been offered. 

It would be nice if when a new version is offered the dialog would specify whether it was offering a beta or a stable build.  As it is we have to play guessing games when we come here to see see what we've been offered. 

So, you don't like my proposed text above ?...

So, unless you want people to guess that new "system" of yours

Or you know.. you could just call the beta 3.4.3 and prepare 3.5.

Talkingprawn would you consider actually using version numbers to their full potential rather than build numbers?

Build numbers should really be left for important timely fixes and advert/installer changes etc.

There's just far too many releases for any particular version number.

FYI Playback Button is no longer visible in version 3.4.2 (build 31893), it doesn't show up  when the download is completed, the area where the Play File button used to be is now totally BLANK  for *.avi files BUT NOT for *.mkv files... :huh:

Got a problem with latest builds - sometimes utorrent would decide that some of my downloads are incoplete and will start downloading them, then in reality it's just that not all parts are selected for download. (For example torrent consists of part1.mkv,part2.mkv and so on, if I chose only to download part1.mkv for example it can randomly start downloading all other parts and it will save them in utorrentpartinfosomethingsomething.dat file making it HUGE).

Build 3.4.2 32080  Stable is out, with the uT Plus ad - removable again  :)

- Fixed: Labels tree nodes
- Fixed: Fix bundle bundler does not go to torrent pane by default
- Fixed: Fix client does not go to torrent pane if no internet access during the install time.
- Fixed: Re-worked RSS internals
- Fixed: Windows Security Zone problem with newly installed binary, to suppress the "do you want to run this file?" dialog.
- Fixed: handling of running already-installed version during upgrade or downgrade install
- Fixed: a number of issues on XP install
- Fixed: display issues with version and product name in Registry
- Fixed: Potential crash when failing to load an RSS feed item
- Added: Ad's Label to the FW Ads
- Added: notification and confirmation for downgrade install

Let see who finds it...

b82efb335422435.jpg

Because it's been discussed to death, back to life AND to death again.

Oh ok. Could you point me to a statement from the developers please? I don't read the forums often, so I don't know what's going on.

@devs: Sorry to say this, but peer resolving is working 50% only (3.4.2 build 32080). It reacts very slow (uTorrent freezes some seconds) and not always the manually newly added bans in the ipfilter.dat are recognized.

Also restarting uTorrent doesn't solve the problem. As written many times before, the last 100% working build with peer resolving and working ipfilter.dat was 3.4 build 30635!

I'm scared of what uT devs are doing to uT.. uT is a torrent download program, period. And it is (it was for some) the best. You try to force stuff we don't need and it seems you didn't learn from the extensions/plugin fiasco. You need to learn to have a laser focus. It seems that you are already making "good amount" of money from uT so please stop adding stuff we don't need.

Build 3.4.2 32080  Stable is out, with the uT Plus ad - removable again  :)

- Fixed: Labels tree nodes

- Fixed: Fix bundle bundler does not go to torrent pane by default

- Fixed: Fix client does not go to torrent pane if no internet access during the install time.

- Fixed: Re-worked RSS internals

- Fixed: Windows Security Zone problem with newly installed binary, to suppress the "do you want to run this file?" dialog.

- Fixed: handling of running already-installed version during upgrade or downgrade install

- Fixed: a number of issues on XP install

- Fixed: display issues with version and product name in Registry

- Fixed: Potential crash when failing to load an RSS feed item

- Added: Ad's Label to the FW Ads

- Added: notification and confirmation for downgrade install

Let see who finds it...

Yey! Thank you!

5ce053d3717cc8856bd07c0feda4f2eb.jpg

Archived