3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and also RSS scanning is broken...

It is a pity that so. But do I have to personally patched 3.4.2.31893 will sit there seems no problem with RSS or other functionality is not there, or I just poorly tested. Although 3.4.2 32080 like also works without problems.

build 32126 via russian roullette.

1 out of 150-200 downloads in my experience. 

\downloads\uTorrent (213).exe

EDIT - Seems the multitude of round robin CDNs now have 32126 fully propagated so most/all downloads should be this build now

2014-06-30: Version 3.4.2 (build 32126) Stable

Fixed: offer activation edge case

I downloaded uTorrent 3.4.x stable, when I click on run it tells me the old version is running and I have to shut it down and try again. I've done this a number of times, but every time I try to run it I get the same message. What now.

Sorting per which column? I don't see 32126 in the Release Notes, so how do you know it's fixed?

-- 2014-06-27: Version 3.4.2 (build 32126) Stable

- Fixed: crash UI main thread post message to IEThread when IEFrameThread is not ready

- Fixed: Crash when dispatching/enumerating torrent labels

- Fixed: Bug that would make IPBlock fail when merging some ranges

- Fixed: Bug returning the PeerID string for some web requests

- Fixed: Deleting a tracker would sometimes not disconnect necessary peers

- Fixed: Pieces tab sorting bugs

- Fixed: Single dialog to delete multiple RSS feeds

- Fixed: Crash when using web pairing

- Fixed: uninstall issues in XP

- Fixed: manual upgrade/downgrade behavior

- Fixed: behaviors regarding install when another copy is running

- This is an update to the new installer beta

- Now supports standalone and portable mode

- Significant fixes to UI display and overall functionality with IE7 installed

Specsavers anyone? :P

No clue where you got the changelog  from... but I get it... "Blocks" column not in sync with texts... Who's counting blocks...

Fixed in beta 32176... You'll probably see it in this week's  stable.... ;)

Build 32236 has the bars matching the text, now.  It gives me a better idea of how close to completion an individual file is, when there are just a few stray blocks left from slow peers.

Incidentally, the manual still talks about these bars being predominently blue.  They have been green for quite a while now, and with additional states not described at all in the manual.  Any chance of some documentation on that?

Quotes about bugs that are relevant for the entire branch 3.4 exactly, maybe earlier (taken from Russian discussion forum, the original text at the end of the post):

Quote: the People, for several months suffer from the same nonsense. Can someone tell me why smart... the Thing is that when you start uTorrent in the list of downloads focus the cursor each time it turns out not at the top (bottom) of the torrent in the list, and somewhere in the middle of the list. Moreover, it is not tied to any particular torrent I have deleted the other hand, which was sent to focus - it was shifted to the next. That is, the focus is tied to a certain place in the list... Before focusing not bound unclear to what. No one knows how to get rid of it?

Reply1: I Confirm that there is such bullshit, in recent versions appeared. How to overcome don't know

There is one glitch, who also appeared in a recent version, and that makes me nervous - when you remove the torrent from uTorrent (but not downloaded files from disk) in case, when the injection was chosen incomplete injection (when there are .dat files of type ~uTorrentPartFile_11344A2FC.dat), so when you delete this torrent before these files are also deleted, and now remains on the disk.

Reply2: I personally do not like that upon completion of the download, if they are standing in the queue multiple, changing the order of downloads and they walk up and down too, how to decide not found

Original:

Цитата: Народ, уже несколько месяцев мучаюсь с одной ерундой. Может кто подскажет чего умного... Дело в том, что при запуске uTorrent  в списке закачек фокусировка курсора каждый раз оказывается не на верхнем (нижнем) торренте в списке, а где-то посередине списка. Причем, это не привязано к какому-то конкретному торренту - я удалял ту раздачу, куда был направлен фокус - он смещался на соседнюю. То есть фокус привязан к какому-то месту в списке... Раньше фокусировка не была привязана непонятно к чему. Никто не знает, как от этого избавиться?

Ответ1: Подтверждаю, есть такая фигня, в недавних версиях появилась. Как побороть не знаю  

Есть еще один глюк, который также появился в недавних версиях, и который меня нервирует - при удалении торрента из uTorrent (но не скачаных файлов с диска) в случае, когда при закачке была выбрана неполная закачка (когда создаются dat-файлы типа ~uTorrentPartFile_11344A2FC.dat), так вот при удалении такого торрента раньше эти файлы также удалялись, а сейчас остаются на диске.

Ответ2: а мне лично не нравится, что по завершении закачки, если их стоИт в очереди несколько, меняется очерёдность закачек и они гуляют вверх-вниз beast.gif тоже, как решить, не нашёл

p.s: the translation is automatic.

Incidentally, the manual still talks about these bars being predominently blue.  They have been green for quite a while now, and with additional states not described at all in the manual.

If you are a little more adventurous you can edit the .btskin to your liking....

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/65613-new-skin-format-now-with-colors/

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/72406-guide-%C2%B5t-22-30-colour-coded-status-column/

µTorrent Stable 3.4.2 build 32239 is now available for download...

- Fixed: Bundles and Torrents tab flashes and mouse pointer changes when lrec mouse over
- Fixed: UI Bug mistakenly selecting labels in context menu
- Fixed: UI bug deleting RSS feeds
- Fixed: Crash when dispatching/enumerating torrent labels
- Fixed: Bug that would make IPBlock fail when merging some ranges
- Fixed: Bug returning the PeerID string for some web requests
- Fixed: Deleting a tracker would sometimes not disconnect necessary peers
- Fixed: Pieces tab sorting bugs
- Fixed: Crash when using web pairing
- Fixed: Crash UI main thread post message to IEThread when IEFrameThread is not ready
- Fixed: Ad tag doesn't always repaint after moving splitter
- Changed: Do not switch to torrent tab when user adds torrent from RSS

I'm not using any particular skin - this is the default configuration.  I might try redefining the colours later.

The manual describes five states: Written, Downloaded, Requested, Multiply Requested, and Available.  These are Mid Green, Pale Green, Grey, Purple and Light Grey respectively on my client - completely different colours from the manual's description.

Additional colours seen include Dark Green, Red, and Orange.  These *seem* to correspond to additional block states, probably Streaming Request, Unavailable, and Timed Out.  They are not described in the manual at all.  All I know is that the Dark Green blocks can be a royal pain, since they often flicker repeatedly on and off, making slow if any progress - even though I have done all I can to eliminate streaming features from my configuration.

µTorrent Stable 3.4.2 build 32239 is now available for download...

- Fixed: UI bug deleting RSS feeds

- Changed: Do not switch to torrent tab when user adds torrent from RSS

I might be missing something here, but are the RSS feeds actually being scanned for you, guys? Not for me... Is it a local issue on my PC?  If not, I wonder - why fix anything related to RSS *before* it actually works?! :(

I might be missing something here, but are the RSS feeds actually being scanned for you, guys? Not for me... Is it a local issue on my PC?  Is not, I wonder - why fix anything related to RSS *before* it actually works?! :(

Confirm, doesn't automatically RSS feeds not updating :(  Updates only if you start an update manually. :P 

Lord developers are quite enough to break the basic functionality stable branch, you have it already worse alpha works. <_< 

At start of the program RSS feeds are also not loaded until you press refresh, displayed only already loaded torrents. The problem is probably with the GUI or lost planning RSS feeds.

I'm not using any particular skin - this is the default configuration.  I might try redefining the colours later.

The manual describes five states: Written, Downloaded, Requested, Multiply Requested, and Available.  These are Mid Green, Pale Green, Grey, Purple and Light Grey respectively on my client - completely different colours from the manual's description.

Additional colours seen include Dark Green, Red, and Orange.  These *seem* to correspond to additional block states, probably Streaming Request, Unavailable, and Timed Out.  They are not described in the manual at all.  All I know is that the Dark Green blocks can be a royal pain, since they often flicker repeatedly on and off, making slow if any progress - even though I have done all I can to eliminate streaming features from my configuration.

Same here.

Confirm, doesn't automatically RSS feeds not updating :(  Updates only if you start an update manually. :P 

Lord developers are quite enough to break the basic functionality stable branch, you have it already worse alpha works. <_< 

At start of the program RSS feeds are also not loaded until you press refresh, displayed only already loaded torrents. The problem is probably with the GUI or lost planning RSS feeds.

Yep. I've tried several times to start the client. In some cases - it does scan the feeds, sometimes it does not :(

"Copy Peer List" doesn't do what it used to do but just copies the peers in the peers tab. Is that a recent feature that I'm not aware of? If it is, how long is it like this?

BTW - When deselecting "Use DHT" and the others there, those options are still marked on build 32126.

Archived