3.4.x stable

cmeisel

"Copy Peer List" doesn't do what it used to do but just copies the peers in the peers tab. Is that a recent feature that I'm not aware of? If it is, how long is it like this?

BTW - When deselecting "Use DHT" and the others there, those options are still marked on build 32126.

Confirmed. What/where  "Use DHT" ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. I've tried several times to start the client. In some cases - it does scan the feeds, sometimes it does not :(

There you are, then this bug I hadn't noticed before, albeit using RSS very active! This heisenbug (bug located in a quantum state). :D  A very dangerous thing that bugs can be due to a memory corruption or use of uninitialized variables. I hope the developers constantly use static code analysis in the project and nowhere in the headers do not turn off compiler warnings.

P.S. I am a developer and is even ready to help fix bugs, but unfortunately the project with closed source. :( 

Static analysis is certainly not a cure for all the problems that still need to mandatory coverage tests. However, static analysis eliminates typos consequences copy-paste and many other problems that are often not detected at the stage of testing, because the tests are not a Golden bullet.

Error updating RSS appear to be associated only with a GUI because tonight uTorrent downloaded the job of the subscription, which means that he just before it was updated.

You were lucky... I don't think so. The way to test it - is enter some illegal feed URL and enable/see the RSS logged errors. My conclusion is:

1. During some uT startups  RSS just does not start the update cycles. Then,  it will be dead forever

2. When it DOES start, it mostly fail the first scan(s). The rest (as you've experienced) are fine.

Вам повезло ... Я так не думаю. Способ проверить это - это ввести некоторые незаконной URL подачи и включения / см. РС вошли ошибку. Мой вывод:

1. Во время некоторых стартапов UT RSS просто не запускается циклов обновления. Затем он будет мертв навсегда

2. Когда это произойдет начать, это в основном провалить первое сканирование (ы). Остальные (как вы испытали) все в порядке.

Mmm, maybe I really don't hunt to double-check. I hope soon to be fixed.

On updating to 3.4.2 build 32239, the interface will no longer show me the seeds column.  It was present in the prior stable version, when updated it disappeared, even though it was checked in the list.  Checking and unchecking, restarting and doing the same, does nothing.  Anyone else seeing this?

@devs:

1) Sorry to say this, but peer resolving is still not working correctly (build 32343). Newly (manually) added hosts are strictly ignored in the ipfilter.dat.

I use this method to find new .com & .net addresses for the flags.conf which is not possible with all the builds since a long time.

As written many times before, the last 100% working build with peer resolving and working ipfilter.dat was 3.4 build 30635!

2) Who is making the "new" changelogs for the builds (beta, stable)? Sometimes the build no. are wrong or double or missing or ... a under-paid trainee?

@devs:

1) Sorry to say this, but peer resolving is still not working correctly (build 32343). Newly (manually) added hosts are strictly ignored in the ipfilter.dat.

I use this method to find new .com & .net addresses for the flags.conf

How do you mean? In general, the ipfilter processing is broken (see my list). Seems as it only handle the first range/line in it :(

So, Beasy, let me see if I got it right: non of the fixes in these last  betas are in it? ->

-- 2014-07-09: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32326)
- fix crash in ieframe terminate

-- 2014-07-08: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32289)
- Improve file logging and allow selection of log types

-- 2014-07-05: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32247)
- Includes all fixes from the (latest stable build 32239)
- Fix crash in bundle's feature control

-- 2014-07-04: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32257)
- Includes all fixes from the (latest stable build 32239)
- New sampled speed bench pings
- WndFileSelection crash fix
- Coalesce map per FileStorage

-- 2014-07-02: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32236)
- Includes the latest stable build released 2014-07-02
- This is an update to the new installer beta
- Fixed manual install upgrade/downgrade issue introduced in the previous beta release
- Fixed crashes reported on certain edge cases
- Fixed firewall rule management issues with XP
- General display adjustments and minor behavior fixes

Essence: found an interesting bug in version 3.4.2.32126 associated with the function pause: if you put a hand missing files on pause, and then restart the program, the distribution will be downloaded in its entirety. Re restart solves the problem.

P.S. on version 3.4.2.32343 the same thing :)

Original message:

>>Подскажите, пожалуйста, после перезагрузки раздачи начинают загружаться файлы с нулевым приоритетом (пропущенные файлы). Это баг или фича, карающая недогружающих раздачи пользователей? uTorrent 3.4.2 (build 32126)

Спасибо

Вопрос снят, нашел интересный баг связанный с функцией паузы: если поставить раздачу с пропущенными файлами на паузу, после чего перезагрузить программу, то раздача начнет скачиваться целиком. Повторный перезапуск решает проблему. Но все равно всем спасибо.

Lol...I always thought that all beta fixes were implemented in each progressive stable release.......Nothing is at face value here at wonderful Bittorrent Inc.

I'm starting to wonder if they're using the 3.4.2 beta moniker for two separate branches.. one "stable" (I made jack all changes so hopefully didn't F anything up) and an actual beta with the more meaty changes.

At least I guess they're focusing on quashing the bugs.. though most of them seem to be made with each new build created... A perpetual cycle of breaking and fixing it seems.

Archived