3.4.x stable

cmeisel

Managed consistently to hang client 3.4.2.32354 downloaded was July 16, repeated several times using different distribution! Simply try to download "previously downloaded" from RSS torrent again and we will get stable deadlock that immediately stops all activity of the client and the disk and network.

Step-by-step algorithm:
1) added to the client RSS subscription with magnet links to distribution, in addition to containing magnet links and even link to the torrent file, or a link to a page of the hand on the tracker (can be done for example through the site http://litr.cc/ this is not an ad, just himself long used the service) .
2) download the hand with torrent file! (i.e. not via RSS).
3) updating the RSS feed in the client.
4) status for this hand, in the ribbon changes to "previously downloaded".
5) try to download the distribution from an RSS feed. The client asks us to add trackers distribution since it is already downloaded. We agree.
6) the client is completely freezes! Hi deadlock.

P.S. Sent several reports through service of Windows error reporting, they came to you or not - I do not know.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather than taking this long to fix it they should have just undone the code change that broke it.

This is the stable build not some "work in progress"

Devs get your head around what it means for code quality to be called stable.

>This is the stable build not some "work in progress"

Actually, as far as I can tel - it is not uploaded to the update server, and people are not getting notified about it.

So practically, it is like a beta, w/o you checking "update to betas". Not too bad, just strange...

(I guess being on the official site - makes my "case" weaker" ....)

Hi. Does anyone know how to move existing uTorrent torrents to qBitTorrent?

Not being forced to see the "Plus Information". I don't use whoreware.

I would buy Plus if had useful features, but to most people, like me, it doesn't, so they've made the free one worse to try sell the Plus.

Keep it.

I would buy Plus if had useful features, but to most people, like me, it doesn't, so they've made the free one worse to try sell the Plus.

Any ideas?

@brad

Keep it.

Why don't use the latest versions where they fix this bug, and disable it using the advanced setting gui.show_plus_upsell ?

Using build 32549 about two hours. Open it now, and this bundle appears again.

You probably haven't disabled one of the  offers' related setting  in advanced...

Does anyone know how to move existing uTorrent torrents to qBitTorrent?

Stop all torrents in utorrent and close...

Qbittorrent= file>import existing torrent select .torrent file.

Select content location and go to the where the file is located.

The previous stable releases page is not being kept up-to-date. E.g. 32354 is not listed, even though a newer release has been posted.

-----------------------------

Another strange observation: The last couple of stable builds have their "date created" fixed to 2014-07-12 00:45 (2014-07-11 22:45 UTC?). The screenshot shows my personal updates folder with exes downloaded from http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable. The files in the %appdata%\utorrent\updates folder don't show this behavior, they have their "date created" to the time that uTorrent created the copy in that folder.

5CveqTb.png

Archived