3.4.x stable

cmeisel

I guess I was just venting after all. I was sort of defending whoever is behind the program at least in my head for a long time despite being unhappy with all the adware shit they sneaked in it. I was patient for a long time too, especially after the talk about possible lite version true to the original version, but it's been what, two years since that, and during the last few months I figured they were more like just laughing us in the face instead of listening to anything. I have fuck all tolerance for that. I am glad I don't use torrents that much anymore, but it's obviously time to finally switch to an alternative which is developed by competent non-morons.

Any tips are welcome.

qBittorrent, Tixati. Both of them are fast, reliable and not bloatware (like Vuze).

Check this out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated to build 32691 and the fucking bundles are STILL showing up everytime I start uTorrent. The 3 settings in advanced options keeep resetting to true.

What the fuck is this? Are they so incompetent they can't fix such simple thing?!

I know this method is inconvenient but have you tried with a fresh empty settings.dat file?...Sometimes the settings.dat grows and becomes somewhat corrupt.

Did you block cdn.ap.bittorrent.com in hosts as well?

1) Make sure uTorrent isn't running

2) Block in hosts

3) Then settings.dat (either new or from previous version e.g. 3.3.2.30586 if you have the file)

4) Launch uTorrent

Snap_20140804_23h51m25s_001_muTorrent3-4

Thanks for assisting but I shouldn't have to be editing files. uTorrent stable is beta software at best and is plagued with bugs.

You install the latest update, but instead of fixing anything, there are more bugs.

They in lala land. This is unacceptable.

Why they working on the ad system when the program is broken? Stopped torrents don't show they've stopped. Labels are broken. WebUI is out of sync. No graceful automated way to close uTorrent.

"Let's release a stable that keeps showing bundles."

Useless.

Stopped torrents don't show they've stopped. Labels are broken. WebUI is out of sync. No graceful automated way to close uTorrent.

Useless.

Yay for someone mentioning the WebUI.

Don't forget it takes them years to fix these things as well.. Useless doesn't even begin to describe the lack of anything even remotely professional here.

What's up with the rate column? I have a download happening at ~100kB/s  but the Files tab listing below shows all files at Rate of 39.0kB/s, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also as I mentioned earlier closing the program down and restarting it doesn't work because the program is still in memory, you have to click the icon again.
So why not just remove everything from memory first before closing the program.. it just closes instantly even if I'm downloading which just feels wrong.

What's up with the rate column? I have a download happening at ~100kB/s  but the Files tab listing below shows all files at Rate of 39.0kB/s, doesn't make a lot of sense.

How many file? So, the *sum* in files tab is not 100K?

Also as I mentioned earlier closing the program down and restarting it doesn't work because the program is still in memory, you have to click the icon again.

So why not just remove everything from memory first before closing the program.. it just closes instantly even if I'm downloading which just feels wrong.

D/L (network) rate and rate in files tab are different animals.

• Rate, Resolution, Duration, Streamable, Has Header, Codecs - all of those are internal properties related to media files, that might be streamed.

Utorrent.exe process normally closes within 1-2 minutes of exiting the program here, depending on file transfer status.  Possibly related to bt.graceful_shutdown advanced preference setting. 

I guess I was just venting after all. I was sort of defending whoever is behind the program at least in my head for a long time despite being unhappy with all the adware shit they sneaked in it. I was patient for a long time too, especially after the talk about possible lite version true to the original version, but it's been what, two years since that, and during the last few months I figured they were more like just laughing us in the face instead of listening to anything. I have fuck all tolerance for that. I am glad I don't use torrents that much anymore, but it's obviously time to finally switch to an alternative which is developed by competent non-morons.

Any tips are welcome.

Yeah, I've also lost my patience. Time to move on, I'm gonna change to qBittorrent.

all of those are internal properties related to media files, that might be streamed.

Utorrent.exe process normally closes within 1-2 minutes of exiting the program here, depending on file transfer status.  Possibly related to bt.graceful_shutdown advanced preference setting. 

Got ya. I do wonder how graceful this shutdown really needs to be..

Well I disabled bt.graceful shutdown and still had the same issue.. after closing and restarting uTorrent didn't load.

Then I got a message saying there was a problem writing the resume.dat and data could be lost..

I didn't run them at the same time, only 1 was running at the time (checked task manager too), using the same port, same settings, same everything.

Hmm, maybe it is the windows' stupidity. My brother is using 7 and i'm 8.1 everything else is the same: utorrent clients, settings, router. Works like a charm in his computer with upnp/nat, random ports, even without port forwarding.

Works like a charm in his computer with upnp/nat, random ports, even without port forwarding.

Thats something I don't like to use, sometimes it can randomly hit on a port that is already in use somewhere else in your network.  Especially if you use random port settings on other programs and on many different computers in the network.  Actually I even prefer to use port forwarding with static ports that I define myself on every program and PC I use in my network, easier to keep track about problems with ports already being in use.

Remade the settings file. Bundles keeps appearing.

Seriously?

I have found that when you block "beta.bundles.bittorrent.com" in firewall/router or even hosts file that it fix the 3 offers.featured_content_* parameters in Advanced Preferences that keeps reseting to true every 2 hours.  Like when you set them on false after blocking that address they stay set on false.  Can you test it out to see if it will prevent Bundles icon too?  Its the only one I can't confirm myself as I'm not getting that problem.  If it still re-appears try also blocking "bundles.bittorrent.com" as well.  See in my signature all the addresses to block that creates bugs in µtorrent.

So what exactly is the latest stable build at the moment?

I cant find any release notes or any info. period on the build that I currently have installed. I received an update notification in uTorrent earlier this week (sometime between 8/4-8/6).

My client was upgraded to 3.4.2 build 32861. Now when I check for available updates I receive this error: Unable to verify the integrity of uTorrent's update server.

Anybody else on this build and have this issue?

I'm guessing I'll need to do a reinstall to fix the error. But has anyone ran into this before? I checked the update URL in advanced settings its the same URL setup on my other PC with my other client which is working ok (except the ad crap) but I never received an update notification on that PC for build 32861. It is current running on build 32549.

Any advice is appreciated. Thx guys.

Archived