3.4.x stable

cmeisel

So what exactly is the latest stable build at the moment?

I cant find any release notes or any info. period on the build that I currently have installed. I received an update notification in uTorrent earlier this week (sometime between 8/4-8/6).

My client was upgraded to 3.4.2 build 32861. Now when I check for available updates I receive this error: Unable to verify the integrity of uTorrent's update server.

Anybody else on this build and have this issue?

I'm guessing I'll need to do a reinstall to fix the error. But has anyone ran into this before? I checked the update URL in advanced settings its the same URL setup on my other PC with my other client which is working ok (except the ad crap) but I never received an update notification on that PC for build 32861. It is current running on build 32549.

Any advice is appreciated. Thx guys.

yea this happening to me 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I upgraded to the latest stable build as stated on the site uTorrent 3.4.2 build 32891 but my sidebar has become huge now. It wasn't there before when I was using build 32691. I tried going back to the previous build and even using the latest beta build but still the sidebar cannot be resized. Only uTorrent build 32898 seems to solve the problem for me. I want to use stable builds only. Any suggestions?

I want to use stable builds only. Any suggestions?

Try to block cdn.ap.bittorrent.com in your firewall/router or add this in host file:

127.0.0.1 cdn.ap.bittorrent.com

You will also need to use BEncode Editor after blocking that address to remove that 5 value under lrecAdTypes in settings.dat file if you want to fix the wide sidebar, read my signature.  Don't forget to delete the .fileguard value on the top of settings.dat before saving if you don't want to end up with copies of settings.dat.somerandomnumbers.bad.

Here's an image to help guide you:

b7STJ6E.png

If you can't or don't want to use BEncode Editor you will have to use an empty settings.dat file because of these LREC values in your original settings.

Try to block cdn.ap.bittorrent.com in your firewall/router or add this in host file:

127.0.0.1 cdn.ap.bittorrent.com

You will also need to use BEncode Editor after blocking that address to remove that 5 value under lrecAdTypes in settings.dat file if you want to fix the wide sidebar, read my signature.  Don't forget to delete the .fileguard value on the top of settings.dat before saving if you don't want to end up with copies of settings.dat.somerandomnumbers.bad.

Here's an image to help guide you:

b7STJ6E.png

If you can't or don't want to use BEncode Editor you will have to use an empty settings.dat file because of these LREC values in your original settings.

I tried editing the hosts file but the sidebar remains wide. But using the BEncoder to edit the settings.dat file works for me. The sidebar remains normal size even after restarting it many times. Thanks peeer.

I tried editing the hosts file but the sidebar remains wide.

Thats normal, blocking the address only ensures that the settings.dat value you deleted using BEncode Editor doesn't come back so when you restart µtorrent the sidebar remains normal size each time. ;)

2014-08-15: Version 3.4.2 (build 33023) Stable 

download here

• Fixed: When plus upsell is turned off, splitter should be allowed to be moved to minimum [ADS-635]
  • Fixed: Featured Web background is not painting properly [ADS-634]
  • Fixed: FT ad label loses anti-aliasing when clicked [ADS-599]
  • Fixed: Bug with LREC ads breaking Plus commerce screen [ADS-616]

Archived