3.4.x stable

cmeisel

Lrec is now sizeable to a little less than before in 33023. Awesome

Not really, try to resize it larger than that new size and smaller than the normal size then restart µtorrent.  You will immediately notice that µtorrent can't save the size unless you resize it larger than what the normal size was before.

If you need a reference to what normal size is, here:

Geotr4b.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, try to resize it larger than that new size and smaller than the normal size then restart µtorrent.  You will immediately notice that µtorrent can't save the size unless you resize it larger than what the normal size was before.

Thus - item 12k in my issues-list...

Whenever I download and run new version, uTorrent appears in Programs and Features in Control Panel. What the hell is that? It's not even installed, I have it as a standalone program.

Whenever I download and run new version, uTorrent appears in Programs and Features in Control Panel. What the hell is that? It's not even installed, I have it as a standalone program.

+1

Same here on Stanalone..Been like that for the longest time for both Bittorrent and Utorrent...I'm thinking Windows is confused and thinking installation was taken place.

Have you tried to delete entries in Program and features list?

BjhOilS.jpg

iIiHN9W.jpg

Using this settings.dat launching uTorrent will initially show the "normal" sidebar width and then after some seconds will go narrower than usual

https://anonfiles.com/file/48a07bf58c5fbb78da8314da8ebaaf23

uVpLu1N.png

This is just a basic stub settings.dat I deleted many configs in it. I have not yet narrowed down which setting affects this new narrower than usual UI tweak.

I KNOW its not the mainwnd* settings as I manually entered them in a clean settings.dat and it didnt work on my 2nd PC.

Note I am still blocking *.bittorrent.com via my router..I am not sure if this still affects things.

Please if someone figures out the setting or settings reply and mention which then I'll edit this post and remove the file and just mention the settings to edit.

Thanks for the suggestion xriothhh but haved tried Ccleaner on many occasions but entries return after awhile after deleting entries...Could it be Windows confusion on the way it associates with .torrent and/or magnet files?

Hmm possibly, I use a non-portable install otherwise I'd investigate.

Most of the programs and settings panel entries are entered into the registry. I am betting denying uTorrent registry WRITE access will prevent them from coming back.

Using this settings.dat launching uTorrent will initially show the "normal" sidebar width and then after some seconds will go narrower than usual

https://anonfiles.com/file/48a07bf58c5fbb78da8314da8ebaaf23

uVpLu1N.png

This is just a basic stub settings.dat I deleted many configs in it. I have not yet narrowed down which setting affects this new narrower than usual UI tweak.

I KNOW its not the mainwnd* settings as I manually entered them in a clean settings.dat and it didnt work on my 2nd PC.

Note I am still blocking *.bittorrent.com via my router..I am not sure if this still affects things.

Please if someone figures out the setting or settings reply and mention which then I'll edit this post and remove the file and just mention the settings to edit.

As far as I know there are no settings to prevent the sidebar to load at normal size first on µtorrent startup then automatically resize to this new smaller size.  If you resize the sidebar larger than the normal size tho like I was saying yesterday, it will solve this.  Like you set the value for mainwnd_split_x setting larger than 200 (201 for exemple) it will startup the same size you set it to, there won't be any automatic resize.

The problem is apparently they just hard coded µtorrent to use value 0 instead of value 5 for lrecAdTypes to get rid of that wide sidebar problem and that new lrecAdTypes value is out of specs for the "normal" maximum mainwnd_split_x setting.  So µtorrent can't load/recover on startup the size you will have it set to if you use a value 200 or lower for mainwnd_split_x.  Look in the settings.dat if you want to see what's lrecAdTypes, yours probably doesn't have any value since you blocked bittorrent.com and your wide sidebar problem was solved before installing this new build.  But originally when that wide sidebar appeared was because we had a value of 5 set for lrecAdTypes, the address "cdn.ap.bittorrent.com" calls a server which makes µtorrent to set that 5 value for lrecAdTypes.

You can have µtorrent to always use the value 0 you too even on older builds or especially in case µtorrent releases a new build without this fix if you want so that your sidebar will always be at that new smaller size.  Just make sure you always keep the address blocked on your router/firewall first and read my post from beta thread for instructions here: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88339-34x-beta/page-55#entry492402

And just so you know, with this new stable release you could even remove *.bittorrent.com from your router block list and it would still keep the sidebar at that new size.  It would still set lrecAdTypes to 5 in settings.dat but it would still load µtorrent as if it was set on 0.  But I can't garantee you that the wide sidebar problem won't re-appear on another µtorrent build in the future tho, so I don't really recommand to remove the block just yet.

Hello! I have 3.4.2 33023, at the bottom, if I choose the tab "speed", then after some time when I open the main window, watching the active tab "information" and so constantly. How to fix? (Win 7 x64).

I really don't understand the problem you trying to explain...

I really don't understand the problem you trying to explain...

I think what he means is that if the active tab is speed or trackers or anything else, after minimizing to tray and again opening it from tray, the active tab automatically changes to information tab. I too have the same problem. uTorrent build 32891

When cheching the torrents, I want to be able to stop them like I used to.

Right now if I stop them, they randomly stop or they don't

I found that when they don't stop when I want to stop them that if I pause them after they automaticaly stop.

I've observed in the past some people have had uT freeze on them. Is that still happening to others? OR JUST to me? :blink: :blink:

It's happening in both stable and beta releases. I've not had a release in quite a while that did not freeze on me at least every other day.

I'm running Windoz 7 pro; uT 3.4.2 build 32961 currently, but doesn't appear to matter which build I run.

Oh yes, almost forgot. uT, in the beta series, has a "Send Beta Feedback" under "Help". I've a problem with it because it requires Mickysoft's email program to send email. I only us Mickysoft software as a last resort (I've spend to much of my programming life trying to work around bugs in their software so my software would work as it was intended...sigh.) So how do I send feedback with a regular email program? :huh:

Thank you for hearing me out.

p.s. if there's a standard way of listing my hardware/software for reporting problems, please let me know. I'm slow way to often. :rolleyes:

uTorrent, 3.4.2_32961 error; Not Responding, 2014-08-18, 00.56.txt

Oh yes, almost forgot. uT, in the beta series, has a "Send Beta Feedback" under "Help". I've a problem with it because it requires Mickysoft's email program to send email. I only us Mickysoft software as a last resort (I've spend to much of my programming life trying to work around bugs in their software so my software would work as it was intended...sigh.) So how do I send feedback with a regular email program? :huh:

If setting another e-mail client as default doesn't work, then send feedback manually to:

griffin(at)utorrent(dot)com replacing (at) with @ and (dot) with .

I think what he means is that if the active tab is speed or trackers or anything else, after minimizing to tray and again opening it from tray, the active tab automatically changes to information tab. I too have the same problem. uTorrent build 32891

yes, i have this error

Archived