3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't need to be running. Make a copy of your resume.dat (resume.old for example) and then delete the resume.dat.

Also as Rafi said, first check your permissions on the file (check it doesn't also have Read only set) Right click - properties - General tab (read only set?)

and security tab (check permission for your user or "everyone")

I've been having an issue every so often with uTorrent, it would use more than 30% of the cpu. I thought it was my browser acting up when I got performance problems but after a week I finally thought to look at the taskmanager when it happens and found uTorrent being the cause.

I've changed to the beta release to see if it has the issue. I'll report back if the beta fixes the problem after I use it for a few days.

Update: The CPU spikes haven't happened yet with the beta, and I don't get anymore hashfails. I hope a beta build makes it to stable soon.

Update 2: CPU spike happened again, I was going through my torrents, it froze and it's showing about 30% of CPU usage for uTorrent in the taskmanager :(

I did one last attempt to update the program. Not only were all the settings to hide the fucking advertisement re-enabled, but there's also unhideable "upgrade to plus" thing in the menu.

I'm done here. That's beyond what I can take.

To the developers: congratulations, over just a few years you somehow managed to fuck up an awesome program beyond repair, and to my amazement keep refining those skills as a top priority. Fucking incompetent dick for brains retards. I hope enough people stop using uTorrent and your fucking company goes bankruptcy.

Looks OK here. Try with my settings (@sig)

So, the solution is that there's one that is not showing up if you go into the settings with SHIFT+F2.

If you use the combination, you can only edit these:

gui.show_plus_av_upsell

gui.show_plus_conv_upsell

gui.show_plus_upsell_nodes

If you don't, you can edit this (but only if you don't use the combination):

gui.show_plus_upsell

It's "as designed" (for unknown reason)... and it is not for the same "offer" . One is for the plus ad thing below, the other for the "node" on top.

Which one "solved" your issue?

I know, but I thought that it just shows more if you use the combination. It turns out, it shows different ones. The gui.show_plus_upsell turns on/off the plus ad thing below

Archived