3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And has anyone found a way yet to get rid of the ultra-thick spacing the "design" idiots at uT have forced upon us?

As someone who actually has a DEGREE in Design, I find this hideously ugly, and preventing the ability to manipulate it a psychological defect on the part of the developer/s in charge of this aspect.  Clearly the old btskin file no longer works.

Such sheer idiocy ........................

====================================

Can't be bothered with this *garbage* - going back to 2.2.1 until someone at BT gets their head out of their @$$.

====================================

Aside from the "security" concerns, there is *nothing* that I can see that 3x offers over the SIMPLE functionality of 2.2.1.

Ok, so I have one torrent that was working fine with all previous versions, now I get the message that it (uT) can't open the torrent file - when I remove it from the list and try to add it back I get "Unable to load '{filename.torrent}': Invalid Path in torrent"

WTF?!

Broken torrent maker. Probably that broken rutorrent lib.

Broken torrent maker. Probably that broken rutorrent lib.

That's one of the dumbest moves Bit Torrent Inc. have done about torrents, trying to set standards on something µtorrent/Bit Torrent has always supported before.  This is one of the errors that will make µtorrent/Bit Torrent to lose it.

Whats dumb is the fact that it wasn't enforced from the beginning, instead it was supported all these years and all of a sudden it gets enforced once alot of torrents around the world were build with these broken torrent makers.  You gotta realize that alot of peoples are starting to switch to different torrent clients exactely because of that broken torrent problem in the combination with alot other stuff like ads.  And by the way I seen private trackers recommanding to switch clients due to this broken torrent problem...

Whats dumb is the fact that it wasn't enforced from the beginning, instead it was supported all these years and all of a sudden it gets enforced

Except you're giving the implication that the enforcement was sudden to this month, but it hasn't been.

The support was an oversight.

Private trackers blocking uTorrent over this need to be abandoned for the safety of users' computers.

Like their stock, unproven "ratio reporting errors" that they haven't provided reproduction steps for?

Do you really want to trust that?

The trackers I'm talking about has never mentionned any of this.  They only talk about the numerous bugs present in µtorrent 3.x, ads and that plus thingy that is making the program feel like its not free anymore other than the broken torrent thing.

Aside from the "security" concerns, there is *nothing* that I can see that 3x offers over the SIMPLE functionality of 2.2.1.

" 'Security' concerns" are plenty reason to update software. In fact, that should be the biggest reason.

Off-topic, but 2.2.1 does not support torrent sizes one terabyte or larger. That oversight wasn't fixed until sometime in the 3.x branch.

" 'Security' concerns" are plenty reason to update software.

Thats exactely why I don't like the idea to use older versions of µtorrent like some trackers will be strong to recommand, I will always be against that ideology.  I will prefer to use or recommand a different program like I won't name here but alot of peoples have already named them here before.

-- 2014-11-10: Version 3.4.2 (build 35702) Stable

- no changelog

Relevance indication (see here) is still broken!

Peers show correct values, Seeds show wrong values.

2014-11-11: Version 3.4.2 (build 35702) Stable 

Download this version here.

• Fix RSS refresh and startup problems
  • Fixed reversion to standard after Plus expires

Yay! :) finally started to fix the REAL problems, the MAIN functionality!

2014-11-11: Version 3.4.2 (build 35702) Stable 

Download this version here.

• Fix RSS refresh and startup problems
  • Fixed reversion to standard after Plus expires

Yay! :) finally started to fix the REAL problems, the MAIN functionality!

You’ve missed one... Fixed reversion to standard after Plus expires ...

What is dumb?

Enforcing standards?

Enforcing torrent generation methods and naming conventions that protect users' computers?

Not what is dumb, who are...

Your devs are dumb to properly handle such files... Easier to show a warning and reject the torrent. And everyone who does not agree with you are stupid / does not care about safety / etc.

I don't think utorrent should concentrate on "enforcing" standards that much, when basic functionalities are broken in the client (and have been for years). You just make an even bigger joke of yourselves.

Also I don't get at what point you care about protecting the users' computers, when you load your client / installer full with malware.

But I guess this comment will be deleted, just like my previous was in the topic about this torrent file issue...

Also I don't get at what point you care about protecting the users' computers, when you load your client / installer full with malware.

Right spot on...  µtorrent the world's most popular bit torrent client could become the most unpopular bit torrent client in the years to come exactely for stuff like this.  I think its time to wake up before its too late...  I have been using µtorrent for so many years without looking for different bit torrent clients I can't even remember when was the last time, only recently I have been hunting around to find alternatives and I found many decent ones too. :rolleyes:

Archived