3.4.x stable

cmeisel

Sounds like a sluggish computer.

Thanks for sharing but If it used to work before on the exact same computer and now doesn't, how's that the problem of the computer? How can even a simple stop command even need high processing power to function?!

Besides, as mentioned in those threads, it seems to be a UI issue and as soon as the torrent is paused after stopping, it becomes "stopped" immediately; meaning that the torrent actually stopped when the stop button was clicked, but the UI didn't show it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing but If it used to work before on the exact same computer and now doesn't, how's that the problem of the computer? How can even a simple stop command even need high processing power to function?!

Besides, as mentioned in those threads, it seems to be a UI issue and as soon as the torrent is paused after stopping, it becomes "stopped" immediately; meaning that the torrent actually stopped when the stop button was clicked, but the UI didn't show it.

Computers can become sluggish or hang temporily for various reasons - software bugs, software conflicts, viruses/malware, hacking, overmultitasking, high processor usage, low system resources, hardware failures, dirty variables (reboot needed), system maintenance (cleanup needed), networking problems, poor graphics system, out of date hardware/software/op system, etc. Any of those could cause the symptoms you describe and must be ruled out, one at a time, in a logical troubleshooting procedure. So you've got a big job ahead of you... :D

Computers can become sluggish or hang temporily for various reasons - software bugs, software conflicts, viruses/malware, hacking, overmultitasking, high processor usage, low system resources, hardware failures, dirty variables (reboot needed), system maintenance (cleanup needed), networking problems, poor graphics system, out of date hardware/software/op system, etc. Any of those could cause the symptoms you describe and must be ruled out, one at a time, in a logical troubleshooting procedure. So you've got a big job ahead of you... :D

Stop button still behaves the same on my fresh-formatted i5 system. So all of the above are ruled out

Using 37754, and in both this and the previous build I have had the problem that after 12-36 hours the program just stops making connections with trackers, requiring a restart, and process repeats.  Anyone else seeing this?  no corked jobs in the speed screen, and no sluggishness when this happens, and I can stop all the torrents and do a proper shutdown.  Just highly annoying to come by in the AM and see nothing working for 5 hours before. No, it's not lack of interest in the torrents, I can't add new ones when this happens, they hang at connecting to the tracker.     Anyone else seeing this?  Takes a bit longer in 37754 for this to happen than in the previous build, but it still happens.

Using 37754, and in both this and the previous build I have had the problem that after 12-36 hours the program just stops making connections with trackers, requiring a restart, and process repeats.  Anyone else seeing this?  no corked jobs in the speed screen, and no sluggishness when this happens, and I can stop all the torrents and do a proper shutdown.  Just highly annoying to come by in the AM and see nothing working for 5 hours before. No, it's not lack of interest in the torrents, I can't add new ones when this happens, they hang at connecting to the tracker.     Anyone else seeing this?  Takes a bit longer in 37754 for this to happen than in the previous build, but it still happens.

Maybe your ISP is blocking/throttling you if you have very high throughput. Try a speedtest.

Or you might be blocked from the other end due to sending too many PEX messages, or something. Try changing your IP and connection port.

There are always periods of relative inactivity which I attribute to random chance. Most of the torrents I seed are old with very low activity, so it comes and goes with different times of the day.

Maybe your ISP is blocking/throttling you if you have very high throughput. Try a speedtest.

Or you might be blocked from the other end due to sending too many PEX messages, or something. Try changing your IP and connection port.

There are always periods of relative inactivity which I attribute to random chance. Most of the torrents I seed are old with very low activity, so it comes and goes with different times of the day.

I doubt this is throttling, because a restart of the client allows downloads at high speed and leechers appear quickly. 

Well, I'm going to say "Quit!!" for now. I've given up on uTorrent. It's not stable enough anymore. So at least for 6 months I'm going to be using Tixati. It's not at fast, nor does it allow the sorting and tagging of uTorrent, but  :angry:  IT RUNS CONTINUOUSLY WITHOUT MESSING AROUND WITH EVERYTHING SO NOTHING IS STABLE! EVEN ON THE SO CALL STABLE RELEASES!!! :blink:

Sorry for the shouting. I've used uT for years and loved it :wub: . Now I can't even leave it alone on my system without having problems with it. It the same problems everyone else is seeing, but... :( <sigh> I'm going to leave. Yes,  :huh:  I'm going to leave... don't want to  :unsure:  :wacko:  </sigh> I'll see everyone later... :ph34r: well, at least if I see you first :lol: (as he fades into the sunset...)

Good luck everyone.

May your torrents flow as the seasons.

May your networks be always open.

May your hearts always be free!

Good evening my friends ..

What happened .. I have in the morning and found the bottom of the right pane declaration also appeared to me Upgrade To Pro I do not know what is his job .. I do not know how Okhvah ..

Also space in the right pane is becoming more .. Is there a way to minimize.?!

Well, I'm going to say "Quit!!" for now. I've given up on uTorrent. It's not stable enough anymore. So at least for 6 months I'm going to be using Tixati. It's not at fast, nor does it allow the sorting and tagging of uTorrent, but  :angry:  IT RUNS CONTINUOUSLY WITHOUT MESSING AROUND WITH EVERYTHING SO NOTHING IS STABLE! EVEN ON THE SO CALL STABLE RELEASES!!! :blink:

Sorry for the shouting. I've used uT for years and loved it :wub: . Now I can't even leave it alone on my system without having problems with it. It the same problems everyone else is seeing, but... :( <sigh> I'm going to leave. Yes,  :huh:  I'm going to leave... don't want to  :unsure:  :wacko:  </sigh> I'll see everyone later... :ph34r: well, at least if I see you first :lol: (as he fades into the sunset...)

Good luck everyone.

May your torrents flow as the seasons.

May your networks be always open.

May your hearts always be free!

I'm one step away from ditching uT also. With 38257 it's taking 30 seconds to open a torrent afte rdouble clicking on it. Who tests this f'ing garbage and releases it as stable?

I'm one step away from ditching uT also. With 38257 it's taking 30 seconds to open a torrent afte rdouble clicking on it. Who tests this f'ing garbage and releases it as stable?

Then, you better get yourself a better PC/AV/OS/HD....

Then, you better get yourself a better PC/AV/OS/HD....

That sounds like all of the losers on Steam that say the same thing when a game is full of bugs. You sir, win stupid comment of the day. My PC/AV/OS/HD are all 100% fine, guarenteed. Any previous version of uTorrent does not display this issue, and reinstalling 38257 makes it come back. I'm not a f'ing idiot as you might think & the bug has also been mentioned on othe forums by several people. Your stupid comment is as brilliant as if I told you the GUI updating bug for stopping torrents was becasue YOUR PC isn't good enough. Just. Stupid.

Remind me again where you told us what your setup consisted of.

Why does that even remotely matter? The last stable build(s) did not have the problem, the latest stable does. My hardware didn't change regardless of what it is. But if it will make you people happy:

Win 8.1 x64

i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz

Mushkin SSD

8GB G.Skill Ripjaws

HIS 7950 IceQ X²

I have the same problem with adding torrent files. Takes around 30 seconds to see the add new torrent dialogue when double clicking .torrent files or opening from the browser. Problem exists in in stable build 3.4.2_38257 and beta build 3.4.2_38362. Beta build 3.4.2_38305 does not exhibit this behavior.

My rig ain't slow either:

Win 8.1 x64

i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz

Samsung 840 Pro and Seagate 600 Pro SSD's

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

G.Skill 16GB 2400hz RAM

Might be OS related or something. Will test in Win 7... aaaaand nope same problem.

More from another forum:

when this version of uTorrent is open it takes to long to open a torrent file..must be a bug

+1 !! here also !

Same. Anywhere from 15 to almost 60 seconds.

Any more idiotic statements about how we must need a better PC? Did you even try the latest build rafi, before posting your nonsense?

Why complain? Roll back to a previous version which works OK.

I've had no big problems with utorrent 3.4.2 (build 32239, 32-bit).

That's just silly. Nothing ever get's done/changed/fixed when no one complains. Not just with uTorrent, but with everything. Besides, stable builds are supposed to FIX things, not fix some and break others in the process. That's what beta's are supposed to be for. If they had added a new feature that was of GREAT interest to you, but broke a basic function of the program - you wouldn't say the same thing. Then you would be saying "I NEED this new feature!!! But you broke xxx in the process!!!" I guess some people only feel a complaint is worth anything when it specifically effects them.

Edit: How would they know if was broken if no one complained? Imagine what things would be like if no one ever made a comment about ANYthing not working correctly? Why complain? That should be obvious.

Why complain? Roll back to a previous version which works OK.

I've had no big problems with utorrent 3.4.2 (build 32239, 32-bit).

So we shouldn't report bugs on supposed "stable" builds? Close our eyes, shut our mouths, plug our ears and let it slide hoping devs catch the problem themselves? Yeah right... We're well aware previous builds don't have this specific issue and are fully capable of simply replacing executables to roll back to previous versions. But that's not the point. The problem is the current STABLE has an annoying bug which shouldn't even have gotten through in the first place.

I've been using utorrent since like 2005 and the way development has gone to crap is amazing. Also the idiotic comments in this forum is crazy sometimes. Rafi is usually helpful but that post telling us to get a better PC was like wut r u srs? I just had to make an account and post to prove someone isn't hallucinating a bug to end my years of lurking.

Archived