3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what happens after you install any Bittorrent Product:

User asks: Bittorrent Inc. (Brahm & CEO Klinker) why is my PC running so slow & my electric bill so high these couple of month?

Bittorrent Inc. says: Don't you know, by installing our software we now OWN your PC & can do ANYTHING we want to on it, such mining Bitcoins for us. You guys are are so dumb, even though I'm the CEO & owner, I wouldn't install it on ANY of my or my family's computers :D

These peoples complaining that this bitcoin miner quietly installs without user's conscent just haven't read before clicking next, next, next ect...  I have test installed that version of µtorrent 2 times and I can confirm it did not install anything else than µtorrent without my conscent.  The only thing that is disgusting about it is that instead of having to untick the option to disable the installation of the PUP they hide it with 2 buttons "Skip" and "Install", where the "Install" offer button is located exactely where you would normally find the Next button and the "Skip" offer button is located on the left.  This shows the importance of ALWAYS reading and taking good care of what you are gonna click on when you install a program, and not only with µtorrent by the way.

schnurlos I have just now tried using the build-in updater within µtorrent itself since that you are mentionning it, from the previous build -> utorrent.3.4.2.38758.exe, and it doesn't find any newer version.  The auto-updater seems to have been broken since a while, I haven't been able to use that option on µtorrent for a while now.  I have been forced to manually download the newer versions from µtorrent official download page since like a year or so.

EDIT:  For info I did remove the block list from my signature in my host file to test if it was causing the updater to not work but the updater still don't work weither I got these blocks or not in the host file.

So that's at least two trackers I know out there banning uTorrent.. Looks like the downhill ride has gotten steeper. Doesn't really matter what happened here, the fact of the matter is that there's a trend.. 

And if you know anything about trends......

Slow development, poor development, bad publicity.. You know where this is going, I think that's it.. I'll be doing my bit to push the ride faster, was a good run.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/06/utorrent-bitcoin-miner/

New disk cache congestion code is stupid.

Some torrents are never download.

38758, 38913(current), 39424(beta) have a same problem. (38656 is OK)

Is there anyone having the same problem?

Can you srare one of them? I can see that indeed some torrents are paused  (for a few minutes) before re-starting. Look at the adv.->cache see that it's frozen...

utorrent totally disappointed me for a while .. many pubs , bugs, bitcoin of s*** can damaged..

It was a good torrent client .. now its made a trash has bugs, It is very unfortunate.  Guys you know this very well.. what I say and I'm really NOT the only one who finds this ..

I jumped with qBitorrent since many months, no pubs.. and is much better. Thanks you peeer for this.

Windows disk cache stupidity.

This is making me wonder why the option to disable windows caching was removed...  Unless its still present today but somewhere else and implemented differently or have I just found a(n) un/known bug?

I can disable it on µtorrent 2.2.1 but not on newer versions.

6w2TJG9.pngk4NXPpI.png

Hello. There are some trackers that have permanently banned 3.4.2 (all builds) due to recent and well-reported controversy, is there a chance 3.4.3 is coming soon? A version change is the only way to get these trackers to consider re-adding the client.

Hello. There are some trackers that have permanently banned 3.4.2 (all builds) due to recent and well-reported controversy, is there a chance 3.4.3 is coming soon? A version change is the only way to get these trackers to consider re-adding the client.

Exactly.. honestly though I think everyone's best bet is just to change to qBittorrent, because the likelihood of anything different being done at Bittorrent or as have have rumored the MPAA is unlikely.

This client is on the way out, been a long time coming.

Build 39586 is available at the usual URL http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable. Date on download website: March 20, 2015. No changelog.

[edit] I'm going back to the previous build. This build is giving me constant 100% CPU utilization on one core, the process remains after exiting, and the search field is broken.

Build 39586 is available at the usual URL http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable. Date on download website: March 20, 2015. No changelog.

[edit] I'm going back to the previous build. This build is giving me constant 100% CPU utilization on one core, the process remains after exiting, and the search field is broken.

Same.

Cause = 38758's new BUGGY disk cache congestion code

I'm going back to the 38656.

2015-3-24: Version 3.4.2 (build 39586) Stable 

- Installer updates including crash fixes and featured content fix

- Streaming heuristic and streaming UI fixes

- Media file parsing fix for MP3

I just installed the new version and I have a few questions. I am not able to put a shortcut into my "quicklaunch"(Win7). While I am able to get new torrents for download all of my previous downloads which I have been seeding no longer appear in the appropriate window, they are in the correct directories on my HDD and the prog. Can you clue me in on these? Never a prob on previous upgrades... thanks

Current Stable Release
Last Updated: Mar 27, 2015 07:31AM PDT
2015-3-26: Version 3.4.2 (build 39744) Stable 

- Installer updates including crash fixes and featured content fix

- Streaming heuristic and streaming UI fixes

- Media file parsing fix for MP3

-Freeze and 100% CPU issue fix

Download this version here.

Hopefully it actually fixes the 100% CPU usage issue.

Archived