3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I removed some finished torrents and the memory got free.

There is some connection, right?

Certainly, if you removed torrents that were using the Windows cache in the first place there would be no points anymore to have them cached so it makes sense to free up the memory just like when you turn off µtorrent.  By the way the cache is used to save some HDD reading tasks so when you are seeding pieces of torrent files your client can seed it to more peoples in the swarm without having to force the HDD to read it again, it helps to stretch the life of your HDD in another word.  Also I don't remember seeing any ram leaking problems before I get the connection I got now.  So I'm guessing the fact you seed large amount of data in a short period of time is more likely to make this to happen, or at least more often.

I believe no one is forcing you to use this client...

You can always, ALWAYS, switch to another client ;)

Yea blame it on windows, how come OTHER torrent clients dont have this problem?

Another torrent client ??? Are you serious ?

*EDIT*

I'm installed qbittorrent......... i test it on next time i need to download a torrent.

Why are you relying on build numbers instead of version numbers? 

Since 3.4.3 is now released, the beta builds should be 3.4.4 and when that's released move to 3.4.5

Now's you chance to release like just about every other software in existence.

Why are you relying on build numbers instead of version numbers? 

Since 3.4.3 is now released, the beta builds should be 3.4.4 and when that's released move to 3.4.5

Now's you chance to release like just about every other software in existence.

I believe we'll be addressing that, thanks for the suggestion.

I believe we'll be addressing that, thanks for the suggestion.

Look forward to seeing it, let's hope it has a higher probability of occurring than the often requested and somewhat promised smaller/lighter version of uTorrent.  :P

Isn't it time to update your signature?  ;)

I'll remove it as soon as they start using version numbers as they're intended to be used. If build numbers continue to serve as version numbers I'll just change the last number

and then continuously bang my head against the nearest wall.

I do like the fact that there's a stickied post about the release of µTorrent 3.4.3, that's something. It's almost like some kinda professionalism is coming back..

Perhaps the talking prawn is doing more than just talking..

"To further clarify the situation the uTorrent development team decided to release a new version this week. The bump from 3.4.2 to 3.4.3 should help to steer people away from the tainted version."

"This new release is in part to make it easy for our users to identify which version of μTorrent to pursue Berson notes."

So that was the reason for the version bump then..  If they hadn't had the bitcoiner miner ruckus we'd still be on 3.4.2  <_<

It was from 39994 to 40019. Doesn't  it apply? ... You can look at it as:

3.4.3.3.9994 to 3.4.3.4.0019 , where 4 = 3+1 ...

I actually misread what you wrote. Anyway the answer is an unsurprising no.

Just wondering when will they call 3.4.3 final and move on.. Time will tell.

Sigh, they fixed a few bugs and introduced a new nasty one.

I'm now on 3.4.3 build 39944 and am now encountering a bug that I've never encountered before.

Sometimes, when utorrent finishes a download, it fails to remove the .!ut extension from some files.

The only solution is to change the priority of the affected files to something else and then change it again. Now it removes the .!ut extension.

For any torrent or just for partially downloaded multi-files  torrents?

BTW,  no harm in reporting it again here in the "stable" thread, in spite it being reported also here... : http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/95072-utorrent-does-not-always-rename-ut-files-v342-build-38913/?hl=rename

Wait a minute, I deleted my comment at 5:27 and yet you quoted it at 8:41?! Did you click on quote and then waited more than 3 hours to reply?

For any torrent or just for partially downloaded multi-files  torrents?

For multi-file torrents when a few of them are set to not download.

BTW, no harm in reporting it again here in the "stable" thread, in spite it being reported also here... : http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/95072-utorrent-does-not-always-rename-ut-files-v342-build-38913/?hl=rename

I just thought posting in the dedicated thread might be more appropriate.

Another thing that I've noticed with 3.4.3 build 39944 (don't know if it was the case with former builds); if I stop a torrent but leave utorrent running and then hibernate the computer, after turning it back on, utorrent fails to connect to peers properly and DL speed stays at 3-4 KB/s.

I have to close utorrent completely and reopen it to remedy the situation.

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Another thing that I've noticed with 3.4.3 build 39944 (don't know if it was the case with former builds); if I stop a torrent but leave utorrent running and then hibernate the computer, after turning it back on, utorrent fails to connect to peers properly and DL speed stays at 3-4 KB/s.

I have to close utorrent completely and reopen it to remedy the situation.

Windows 8.1 64-bit

I think the queueing behavior when resuming from sleep/standby/hibernation has changed in recent builds, even though I did not spot a corresponding changelog entry. In the older versions, when resuming from sleep/standby/hibernation, the queue state would be the same as before entering sleep. In more recent versions, after resuming from a sleep state, more torrents are queued and less torrents are active than before entering sleep.

Archived