3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No and no. I posted the things I didn't like the other day (http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88339-341-beta/page-13#entry484497) - are they bugs? I don't know...

I'll check new releases and probably upgrade... eventually :D

Let's try to debug it and find out:

Remove the skins  you are using, and see if the "issue" remains... (rename current.btskin , all .bmp files and restart) or just run it standalone in a different folder + your settings file.

If it is "fixed", it means one of the skins is not suitable to 3.4.1 .

New line spacing is disgusting.

^ this

Also while 3.4 should make downloads faster, it actually made downloads slower compared to 3.3.1. 150 seeds, 10 peers, downloads 200-300 kB/s (~3 Mbit/s) from 1280 kB/s (10 Mbit/s) available. Can I turn off that whole "peers in the swarm" thingy? Or at least how do I rollback to 3.3.x??

This is SO RIDICULOUS!!!  Fist off, after the very first install of uTorrent, you do NOT have to run the built in installer EVER AGAIN!!!  Just cut and paste the newer utorrent.exe file into the directory where uTorrent is installed and OEVRWRTITE the old uTorrent.exe file!!!  Once you have the ads turned OFF the way YOU WANT, you NEVER need to have them again!!! Those 3 LITTLE icons at the bottom right corner are NO DEAL-BREAKER for ANYONE!!!  On your very FIRST install of uTorrent you can REFUSE most of that stuff and after that, uTorrrent lets you go in and TURN OFF 99% of the ADS excep for those 3 TINY LITTLE INSIGNIFICANT ICONS at the bottom right.  SHEEEEEEESSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!  Give me a BREAK!!!  You just cannot PLEASE some people.....

You can do that, copy over the old exe, but I do remeber reading something a while back.....pretty sure it was here, that you should uninstall and reinstall.  Whatever though, thats a personal choice.  It is however a choice unlike those icons, or where you'd like to install utorrent.  A fresh install of  todays utorrent is just a crap fest all over my screen.  It's a dozen advanced setting changes untill you get down to an actual torrent client, and the things Beasly wrote about are disconcerting.  Really though I just wanted to say that it is a deal breaker, coud be that I'm the only one though.

No and no. I posted the things I didn't like the other day (http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88339-341-beta/page-13#entry484497) - are they bugs? I don't know...

I'll check new releases and probably upgrade... eventually :D

I agree, it's horrendous! I've wondered if there's a way to tweak and/or reverse-engineer the new spacing and padding of the rows. It's particularly annoying not being able to see as many torrents at once as we could before. It'd be one thing if it was some sort of useful change. But short of grandparents flocking to uTorrent in droves, this just looks like a clunky, kludgy attempt to make things look newer/fresher.

I know this is a difficult thing to grasp, but innovation for innovation's sake is a stupid way to do things. You biggest change from the last build includes... easier to see status bars?  Get this: We do not need easier to see status bars. We need to know the status of our downloads and nothing else. That is a stupid feature that corrects a problem no one as complaining about. It's as stupid as Google fixing imaginary problems in Chrome every 6 months. 

You know what, I have 20/ 300 vision and I need glasses to see things closer than 40 feet away clearly. Without my glasses on, I can see the status of my downloads just fine.

I'm going back to 3.3.2 because I can see more downloads on my screen at one go. Until you developers get your head out of your asses and not change trivial bullshit like status bars, I am not going to download the next version of Utorrent.

Dear uTorrent (3.4.1 Stabil)

I want to report a bug in the latest stable version 2.0.4 does not shake hands, but the next version has been and still is very occurs in the 3.4.1 version.

The Problem:

The Torrent File Upload / Download fluctuations 700/400kb/s sometimes go to 1.3 mb / s-word space than a century Inca doses, does not use the full upload / download speed.

When using nvda from

www.nvaccess.org

The following problem exists.

When using the up and down arrow keys to go thru the list of torrents the names are not spoken even with name turned on.  The names are read when pressing f2 for rename or when using the simulated mouse with the numeric keypad.

This problem occurs after version 3.32.  I don't know what changed with the interface but this is a real problem as you can imagine.  It is as if the name column is runcated so that only the other columns are read when going up and down the listview.

One annoying thing that occurs in 3.4.1 build 30768
is that whenever I launch utorrent
it displays this:
F8hRNDU.png
and though I press "No thanks, I want to skip this" each time

(and I already have downloaded many torrents using this build)

the page re-appears at each launch.

In adv prefs, there is a pref: offers.404_url (not mentioned in the help file)

containing http://utclient.utorrent.com/offers/sync-threepage/index.html (visiting that url, displays the above page)

Well, even If I delete it (press Reset), or set it to a random word,

at every re-launch utorrent re-assigns its value to http://utclient.utorrent.com/offers/sync-threepage/index.html

and the problem still occurs.

Hi, My Version of 3.4.1 has stopped working on a particular site, it is trying to find peers but they are all on 0.0% and not finding them.  Apparently this is happening to everyone with 3.4.1.  I do use another site and the files are quite happily downloading from there.

I downgraded to 3.3.2 and everything now works fine.

So, talk to that site's admin, and ask *him* why they ban 3.4.1 ...

uTorrent 3.4.1 stable and "beta" version not only use the same version number but use the same identification string... tracker admins do not like this for obvious reasons.

Bad practice when most of the good trackers use a strict client whitelist.

unfortunately in build 30768, the RSS is screwed badly.

When a feed is added for the first time, it works fine.

After the feed is updated, the threads all mixed up and repeat after one another. While each thread should be different, eg ABCDEFG, it becomes ABCBCEFBC.

And i just formatted PC, installed fresh OS + new antivirus, still uT 30768 crashed within 6 hrs of usage.

Other bug: if u enable label rule, the labels will be copied to "persistent label", even if u din enter anything in persistent label.

And if u have different labels in "persistent label", both will be merged, and often generate meaningless codes.

Isn't the build # a good enough ID?.  I agree that changing stable versions so often can give the admins a headache ....

Hi Rafi,

Several of the torrent site builds out there don't include the build number as part of the client whitelist/blacklist.  uTorrent 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 don't have the same pattern for the client id as previous versions.  I don't know the details but I do know our coders had to add a patch to correctly detect the 3.4.0 and  3.4.1 stable versions because there were issues with it.

This version has enormously slowed my download speed, which very, very rarely ever goes past 40 kb/s, no matter how many seeders there are. It often stays under 20 kb/s now.

As someone who, prior to this update, was getting a minimum 500 kb/s a second downloads (often sitting at a very comfortable 750+ kb/s), this update has caused much frustration. If you could please fix this, or inform how to downgrade back to a version that actually works, that would be great, thanks.

Archived