uTorrent stuck on "Connecting to peers"

JoeMerls

I'm have been trying to download torrents using uTorrent but I can't get passed "connecting to peers." I'm on a wired connection at my college, and one of my roommates has been able to torrent no problem, so it's not the wired connection that's the issue. I'm using an Asus laptop, Windows 8.1. 

My trackers seem to be fine. For example:

[DHT]----------------------------------working

[Local Peer Discover]--------------working

[Peer Exchange]--------------------working

udp://open.demonii.com:1337....working

However, the rest are "Connection timed out," and they are similar to the "udp" one above.

My Firewall is not blocking uTorrent also. 

Anyone have a solution?

I am having the same exact problem. Everything was fine until last week, all of a sudden it just won't connect or download anything. I have the same symptoms as above. I spoke with my isp and asked them outright if they were blocking bittorrent and they said no, they don't block it at all. I have 3G cellular broadband. If I use my cell phone as a connection, it works fine instantly. I switch back to my broadband and it just sits at Connecting to peers 0.0%. I have disabled my Avast Antivirus, disabled Windows Firewall, and still no connection. I run the utorrent setup guide and it goes fine.

Here are my Trackers for the Slackware iso:

[DHT]    working    19m 39s    0    0    0    
[Local Peer Discovery]    working        0    1    0    
[Peer Exchange]    working        0    0    0    
http://tracker3.transamrit.net:8082/announce%C2'>  connection closed by peer    7s    0    0    0    

I tried a TV show and it sometimes showed the Seeds and Peers, but still would not download anything

Had the same issue with magnet links, it was connecting to udp://open.demonii.com but was timed out.

But inside properties I found those

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80

udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:80

udp://tracker.istole.it:80

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80

udp://open.demonii.com:80

after deleting all except udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 , the download started...

update: No, sorry, it was just a good luck...

I was having the same problem and found out by trial and error that it was Peerblock causing me to not connect to trackers. I started uTorrent without Peerblock running and had not problems other than a couple trackers not connecting, but attributed that to the downtime of trackers doing maintenance. I unistalled the PeerBlock 1.1+ (r691) beta version, went back to PeerBlock 1.2 stable version and used fewer iblocklist. At the time I was having trouble, I was blocking over 3 billion IP's, since then I am having no problems.

I have been working on this all morning. I am on a cellular broadband account from an ISP that resells Sprint service. I spoke again to my ISP who said they do not block anything. I called Sprint and they also said they block nothing, and are blocking nothing.

Again, UTorrent or Bittorret do not work when I am connected to Sprint. It stays at "connecting to peers." forever, and most trackers say "Connection Closed By Peer".

Today I reistalled Windows 7 and installed nothing else. I disabled Windows Firewall, and have my USB Modem plugged directly into my computer. Nothing changed. I even started in Safe Mode and it still would not work.

I have Verizon wireless phone service, and can use it as an Wifi Hotspot. With this exact same setup, when I connect to it, UTorrent connects instantly and downloads with no problems.

I also use Sprint and haven't been able to download for nearly 3 weeks.  This is the first thread I've been able to find on this topic and you have no idea what a relief it is to find I'm not the only person having this issue.

Just as stated in another post, out of the blue my torrents stopped downloading. Regardless of the program I tried, none of them worked.  I had a hunch it was Sprint blocking as no peers can be located and the Update Servers can't be found either.

try this guy, first close utorrent, go to the main directory of your utorrent i think it is in appdata then you have to go into roaming then scroll till you find the utorrent folder then delete resume.dat and see if this works for you for others reinstalling the program might work

try this guy, first close utorrent, go to the main directory of your utorrent i think it is in appdata then you have to go into roaming then scroll till you find the utorrent folder then delete resume.dat and see if this works for you for others reinstalling the program might work

This just worked for me!

Chris

So I had this behaviour start up about 3 weeks ago, not sure exactly what caused it for me but the solution (for me) was pretty simple and right under my nose.  All torrents I had been trying to download from major torrent search engines were just stuck on connecting to peers.  However a torrent of Linux Mint went through fine.  After disabling peerblock, avast, my router's firewall, and a few other things, I read this forum thread.  The mention of trackers got me poking around and a simple right click on the torrent -> Update Tracker would start the torrent (each torrent individually) right up.  Not sure what happened 3 weeks ago with my setup but this appears to have remedied my problem.

• 1 month later...

It works perfectly. Thank you so much dude

I'm have been trying to download torrents using uTorrent but I can't get passed "connecting to peers." I'm on a wired connection at my college, and one of my roommates has been able to torrent no problem, so it's not the wired connection that's the issue. I'm using an Asus laptop, Windows 8.1. 

My trackers seem to be fine. For example:

[DHT]----------------------------------working

[Local Peer Discover]--------------working

[Peer Exchange]--------------------working

udp://open.demonii.com:1337....working

However, the rest are "Connection timed out," and they are similar to the "udp" one above.

My Firewall is not blocking uTorrent also. 

Anyone have a solution?

This solution is wierd but it worked for me. Multiple times i "stopped-started-stopped-forceStarted" my download, and eventually the download started. At times it doesn't work and it's irritating.

Archived