uTorrent freezes immediately after startup

SpeeD04

I am facing same problems as most of you.
I've got a new OS on my laptop (win7 x86) with AVG Free. I am experiencing freezing of uT right after starting the program and I lose all torrents from the list every few days (not on every reboot).

Any solutions to this problem yet?

I am facing same problems as most of you.

I've got a new OS on my laptop (win7 x86) with AVG Free. I am experiencing freezing of uT right after starting the program and I lose all torrents from the list every few days (not on every reboot).

Any solutions to this problem yet?

Nothing yet. Dunno if update is being prepared to fix this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL guys, really. :) I have the same problem, but I never expect answers like that! AV problem? Reinstalling Windows? Checking associations? Come on! It was obvious that is not AV (because everyone can check that very easy by disabling or uninstalling AV), reinstalling Windows is not a solution at all (it's like build new home instead of repair pipes), checking associations is useless (uTorrent check that at start and if uTorrent starts, you don't must check any associations). Why internet is full of that lame answers? AV software disables people's thinking or what?

At least one person (blackandblue687) write something useful. Thank you!

Remember, "computer geniuses", reinstalling windows, AV check, change drivers or hardware is not a solution. Solution is when someone have the same issue and KNOW how to resolve that (if know reason - even better).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had the same version 3.4.1 build 30888 and upgraded to 3.4.1 build 31105

much better, almost no more issues.

I have to also say that I am downloading and seeding so there are in excess of 50 torrents running some of which are up to 50GB in size. That might have caused an issue with the older version.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a lot of trouble with utorrent 3.1.3 freezing, although not immediately after startup.

A solution I've found requires running windoze in SAFE mode.  The only real drawback to this is that it eliminates any sound capability for the system.  I don't know if there is a fix for the sound problem.

Archived