Noob Qn - Which version of µTorrent is most stable

moonstone

Hi,

I'm using Bitcomet at the moment, but am looking for a better client as the past few releases of BitComet has major bugs which cause it to crash frequently.

I've browsed through the "Found Bugs" forum here and noticed that µTorrent 1.5 to µTorrent 1.5.1 beta Build 460 are also having some nasty bugs. So, I would like to seek some advice from the season µTorrent users on which version is the most stable so far.

Thanks in advanced...

what is THAT for a question?

the "most stable so far" is the stable one. 1.5 (437) IIRC

the most stable beta is the official 1.5.1b460.

Get this beta if you want to benefit from the fixes in it compared to stable release.

Edit: and in most cases of the reported bugs you refering to it goes as Firon would say : User error is not a bug.

µT is generally very stable even in BETA state :)

Version 1.5 may be a "stable" release. Unfortunately, there's still lots to iron out from what I see in the "Found Bugs" forum.

What I'm asking is which other previous releases are more stable than v1.5. One which has lesser bugs.

I don't think errors like "B460 taking high memory" which is obviously a bug, is considered a "user error"...

As simple as that.

Actually, the betas are generally more stable than the "stable" builds, it's just that the features are still under testing. A bunch of crashes were fixed in the betas.

If you bothered actually reading the thread about high memory usage, you'd find the explanation -- it is NOT a bug. If you don't like the slightly increased memory usage (for an infinitely better cache system that doesn't break down even at gigabit speeds), you can easily decrease it in the Preferences. As for the other "bugs," reading the respective threads would've revealed that most of them aren't µTorrent bugs, and ARE user errors.

Archived