Torrent status not changing, or very slow

turbovulva

Win 8.1 x64
uTorrent 3.4 (30620)

Anyone else having this problem? When a torrent is in the red for any given reason (timed out, offline, etc) and you stop it, the status is either very slow to change, or doesn't change at all. I never tried any of the beta builds of 3.4 so I can't say if it has been like this the entire time, but it happpend on the first stable release of 3.4 also. It does not occur on 3.3 or any prior versions. I recorded a video of the behavior so it's easier to see what I'm referring to.

http://youtu.be/KxtqPagveto

Why do they sometimes not change status at all, and randomly at that? Sometimes the same torrent will change status immediately after clicking stop, sometimes it will change after 5-20 seconds, and sometimes the same exact one will not change at all regardless of time or how many times the stop button is clicked. It seems much too random imo to be intentional & it also didn't occur pre 3.4.

I can certainly understand the logic of communicating with the tracker in order to stop the torrent......but how come this release of utorrent is the FIRST version to have this problem?   I'm on a private tracker where all my torrents are red (only because I turned them all on to seed or download and the tracker only allows 5 downloads at a time which then turns them ALL red....even the ones I am seeding).    Anyway, I just upgraded yesterday to 3.4 and the random crash seems to have been fixed (which I got at least once a day) but when I clicked to stop torrents in 3.3, they would STOP.    Now in 3.4, they don't.   Any theories on that?   Thanks

Archived