µT 1.5: many hash fails when CPU load is high

i-no

Hello guys!

I've experienced this shitty thing with hash fails when µT is downloading in the background while any CPU-intensive app is working in the foreground. It happens with all torrents I've tried so far including private ones. If I dedicate my rig exclusively to µT, everything is fine then.

I'm running on WinXP SP2, NIC: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 GigE with new WHQL'd drivers and D-Link DSL-504T router with upgraded firmware on 256/128 ADSL connection. µT is set up according to actual bandwith, encryption allowed as well as legacy connections. My only guess for now is something related to hardware stability issues and I've tried a few tests including SuperPI, Prime95 and S&M w/o any problems for many hours. The one and only app reporting errors (hash fails) under heavy CPU load was µT. That's strange...

Any tips on how to troubleshoot this nasty thing would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Same symptoms with latest beta b460.

Maybe it is somehow related to gigabit NICs, but... I have tried to download huge ZIP and RAR archives via HTTP while putting heavy load on CPU+RAM and these archives came intact without CRC errors.

Just don't know how to find what's causing hash fails in µT +(

• 3 weeks later...

Situation is a lot more interesting than I've thought:

D-Link in router mode => hash fails, D-link in pure bridge mode or thru PPPoE relay in router mode => no hash fails even under heavy CPU load.

Damn, it's a real P.I.A. because I absolutely don't like the idea of using D-Link in bridge mode but atleast it's not a fault of µT.

I'm using firmware mod by McMCC, it's quite nice and feature rich with many bugfixes to the orifinal firmware, but as I've recently found it somehow affects torrenting. Will try to figure this out.

Archived