Utorrent is not responding nearly constantly

Dachrizzist

Hello all, I currently have Utorrent 3.4 running on 64 bit windows 7. I was using 3.3 and downloaded the most recent stable version as an attempt to alleviate my issue. My issue is that anytime I open Utorrent it freezes (shows "not responding" and is unresponsive) after connecting and beginning to download. My speeds will be normal but the UI is frozen. It seems to periodically slow my speeds to a couple kB/s and unfreezes. As soon as the speeds begin to increase it becomes unresponsive again. As well, if i attempt to end the task in task manager, it does not end until the system is restarted or for an untold period of time. I am using AVG free which does not have a built-in firewall so I use the default windows firewall where utorrent is checked as an exception. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This is usually problem with the windows user permissions. All you have to do is go to the control panel and create a new user with administrative priveldges. Then log off the current user. And log into the new user account that you created with admin rights. Then delete the current user account that u were using before.

It will work like charm. Before you go ahead please make sure that you dont have more than 1 antivirus softwares installed on your computer. 

• 2 months later...

Archived