No <Add New torrent> dialog displayed

YoPPt

Hi!

My uT is configured to auto-download torrent-files from a particular folder (option prefs > directories > automatically load .torrents from: is checked).

Now if any torrent-file is put to this folder, the <Add New torrent> dialog displayed, where we can select files, names, etc..

So ver. 3.3.2. worked that way very fine, but after upgrade to 3.4 (30635), this <Add New torrent> dialog is now not displayed and uT simply begins to download to default system download folder. What's wrong?

Options <Activate the program window> and <Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data> are set.

Please help :)

Confirmed. But... the reason it "works" in 3.3.2 is that you did not define a default destination/download folder. Once you will define it - it will not work in 3.3.2 too..

In 3.4.x there is always a default folder defined (I think - your "Downloads" folder.)

the reason it "works" in 3.3.2 is that you did not define a default destination/download folder. Once you will define it - it will not work in 3.3.2 too..

Where in uT that default destination/download folder should be set?

I think this is just a bug of ver. 3.4. and must be fixed ))

Pref.->directories->put new downloads in:

And yes, I too think it is a regression. Don't know if this is a bug, since the whole idea behind the auto-load feature is for it to be kind of a "batch"/non-interactive thing . So maybe someone added hard-coded default path, and deliberately removed this old behavior. In this case, my "bypass" will not help...

I am having this same problem. No Add New Torrent Dialog.  None of my settings have been changed. V3.4 (b30660.  Tried using an older version and still no Add Torrent Dialog.  NO default download folder. Nothing changed, just no Add Torrent Dialog???  It is as if that little check box was hit during that dialog window that says "Don't Show This Again".  If that happens, how would a person get it back?  Undo that 'Don't Show This Again' if maybe that is the problem???  I notice that it starts downloading the folder that is set for default for downloads in Google Chrome which I find kind of odd???   This is only happening on one of 4 computers with Windoze Xpee.  The other computers still get the dialog with the exact same settings and version of uTorrent.  Thank you very much for any help.

Enable pref->UI settings->show options to change....

"don't show this again" disables it.

Thank you for the reply. I have this checked.  Still no new torrent dialog window on this one computer out of 4.  Is it possible that this setting is somewhere in settings dat and can be changed there???  It is as though uTorrent is ignoring that setting on this one computer???  thanks again for your help.

Rafi, let's deal with therminology :)

By <auto-load folder> You mean a folder defined in:

a. <Prefs - Directories - Automatically load .torrents from>

OR

b. <Prefs - Directories - Put new downloads in> ?? (i said that i have auto-load folder disabled - really i mean this folder in my post#14)

If a. then You're right

The only way it does not - if you put files into the auto-load folder.

AND that's exactly what I'm talking about for a long time! :)

Ok, I just tried disabling the Auto-Load Folder and I got the New Torrent Dialog Window back.  The other 3 computers still have the Auto-Load Folder Enabled and the New Torrent Dialog Window still pops up on those???  uTorrent 3.4 on all of them.  2 Windoze se7ens and 2 Windoze xpee. ????  Any ideas are welcome.  Thank you for your help.

Well, the display of the dialog when using the autoload folder was the bug, not the behavior it has now.

Well, i think it's not a bug until <Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data> is NOT enabled

If enabled and no Add Torrent Window - bug

Try run-as-admin. Maybe some access issue to this auto-load folder?

Well... Xpee does not really have a run as admin like 7 does... the other 2 puters ( 2 7 and one xpee) are working just fine, but I noticed one of them is still running v3.2 so will have to update that one and then check the Add New Torrent Dialog....  Turning OFF the Auto-Load Folder is still making the Dialog show up, but have to add manually then???

Who is putting the files in that folder? Isn't it *your* / manually?

Anyways, You can have both auto folder and manually click-open torrents with that dialog. Also you can add them all "unstarted"  and change anything you want later on.

Ok, when I turn off the Auto-Load folder and click on a magnet link the Add New Torrent Dialog also comes up just fine.  If I download a torrent to what was my Auto Load Folder and add it manually I get the Add New Torrent Dialog also.  Am going to upgrade one of the W7 ones and see what it does....  Thank you so much for the help and ideas.

Archived