Speed problem

DNA

µtorrent-Guest provided that link because those torrents can be used as benchmark torrents to see if there's anything wrong with your configuration... For all you know, the slow speeds might be because of the swarm. That's what those torrents are for. To test that.

Another key thing to check is availability column of the torrent. If there's 6 seeds and 10,000 peers and you see 6.01 availability...something's very wrong because it means out of the 10,000 peers there's only 0.01 copies of the completed torrent!

is it TPB? Than THAT is "normal"

No, the tracker is not down. Its just overloaded like always. Leave the torrent running and it will successfully contact the tracker sooner or later. The tracker is actually 4 computers. They dont respond to ping and you cant traceroute to them, all ports except 80 is blocked. All tracker computers are automaticlly restarted after 6 hours, this is because Linux only can handle about 20000 connections at the same time. Then the TCP/IP stack dies.

I must be doing something seriously wrong as not only do my download speeds never get above 40kBs but when I attempted to test with the legal torrents despite trying 6 NOT one of them would even start.

Also along the u.torrent task bar just to the left of the green DHT light I have the words "Download limited".

Any help please as it's taking forever to get my TV episodes.

Huh? Reading the FAQ caused you to lose the green light? That's impossible unless you read incorrectly. In any case, the light won't turn green unless you have an active torrent, and it works better if you have more peers/seeds on that torrent.

You've got a very real problem with µTorrent having less-than-stellar download speeds. It may seem to be torrent-specific or not, but it's there. Alot of the times it's aggrevated in the extreme by being firewalled in all sorts of subtle and not-so-subtle ways Or having ridiculous settings for your connection type+speed.

I sometimes wonder...if all you intend to do is download as quickly as possible then BitComet may indeed seem the solution.

Maximize download speeds...without thinking about the other end of the equation.

BitComet cheats the system know as the BitTorrent Protocol and various BitTorrent clients:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=5181

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=3531

If that's your definition of "better", don't stare too long into the mirror...you may get where you don't like what you see.

You've got a very real problem with µTorrent having less-than-stellar download speeds. It may seem to be torrent-specific or not, but it's there. Alot of the times it's aggrevated in the extreme by being firewalled in all sorts of subtle and not-so-subtle ways Or having ridiculous settings for your connection type+speed.

I sometimes wonder...if all you intend to do is download as quickly as possible then BitComet may indeed seem the solution.

Maximize download speeds...without thinking about the other end of the equation.

BitComet cheats the system know as the BitTorrent Protocol and various BitTorrent clients:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=5181

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=3531

If that's your definition of "better", don't stare too long into the mirror...you may get where you don't like what you see.

D: I didn't know that about BitComet >_>

I should switch back to uTorrent..

I am certain that you will be able to get at least as much download speed as you're giving in upload speed on all but the most poorly seeded torrents.

...if all of µTorrent's problems are sorted out.

It may even rival or beat BitComet's results then.

Archived