Sending files with Private Internet Access's VPN running

wayniac

Windows 7 machine

Utorrent 3.4 build 30660

Private Internet Access VPN

Bitdefender antivirus and firewall

I am trying to send a file directly to an individual using utorrent’s built-in tracker, without uploading to a tracker website.  I can send the file fine without my vpn running, but when I start the vpn, the recipient cannot download.  I change the IP address in the Tracker section of the Create a New Torrent window to the external ip address i get using the vpn, and use the port that I get from hovering my mouse over the Private Internet Access icon & put that in the "listening port" place in utorrent preferences  That port tests open using the Open Port Check Tool found at http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ .   This seems to be a combined VPN and Utorrent issue, and I’m not sure where the solution lies.  I got some good help in figuring out how to send the file without the VPN running and I'm wondering if someone has a solution to this related issue.

On the recipient's machine, in the trackers tab, this is what appears (external address from sending machine is represented by 123.123.123.123, and port on sending machine is rep by 33333 (fictional numbers)

working

proxy connect error    -10

Sorry about the disjointed post.  Here it is all together.

Windows 7 machine

Utorrent 3.4 build 30660

Private Internet Access VPN

Bitdefender antivirus and firewall

I am trying to send a file directly to an individual using utorrent’s built-in tracker, without uploading to a tracker website.  I can send the file fine without my vpn running, but when I start the vpn, the recipient cannot download.  I change the IP address in the Tracker section of the Create a New Torrent window to the external ip address i get using the vpn, and use the port that I get from hovering my mouse over the Private Internet Access icon & put that in the "listening port" place in utorrent preferences  That port tests open using the Open Port Check Tool found at http://www.yougetsig...ols/open-ports/ .   This seems to be a combined VPN and Utorrent issue, and I’m not sure where the solution lies.  I got some good help in figuring out how to send the file without the VPN running and I'm wondering if someone has a solution to this related issue.

On the recipient's machine, in the trackers tab, this is what appears (external address from sending machine is represented by 123.123.123.123, and port on sending machine is rep by 33333 (fictional numbers)

working

proxy connect error    -10

Archived