DVD players and torrents

EVRYEDGE

Ok, first of all, if I am breaking the

Announcement

This forum is NOT for help with videos, games, movies, or anything you've downloaded!

Posting about any illegal sharing of copyrighted content is strictly FORBIDDEN.

Then nevermind, this forum will prob be closed...

but anyways anyone willing to share info about software that will allow me to burn my *legal* movies onto a cd so i'm not using so much memory on my computer? what software works best? also, are there ways I can watch a burned disc on my reg dvd player?

thnks,

newbie:)

Anything but Nero. :P I personally use Padus DiscJuggler, but it's probably not the most user friendly of burning apps.

And you can only watch DVDs (and not just regular data put on a DVD) if it's a proper DVD-Video. Some standalone players can play XviD and stuff, so you can always get one of those. It pretty much has to be DivX or XviD as far as AVIs go (with AC3 or MP3 audio), those kinds of standalones can't really play anything else.

If you wanna make a DVD out of your AVIs and stuff, you can always use TMPGEnc Xpress, or WinAVI.

Anything but Nero. tongue I personally use Padus DiscJuggler, but it's probably not the most user friendly of burning apps.

lol yeah i have Nero...it doesnt seem too bad when burning music, anyways anybody else have any suggestions?

What I really want to do is just invest in ONE big ass screen that connects to computer, television, movies, internet ect...but till then im forced to port from laptop to tv....and i am clueless on how to complete this feat successfully...

Anything but Nero. :P I personally use Padus DiscJuggler, but it's probably not the most user friendly of burning apps.

And you can only watch DVDs (and not just regular data put on a DVD) if it's a proper DVD-Video. Some standalone players can play XviD and stuff, so you can always get one of those. It pretty much has to be DivX or XviD as far as AVIs go (with AC3 or MP3 audio), those kinds of standalones can't really play anything else.

If you wanna make a DVD out of your AVIs and stuff, you can always use TMPGEnc Xpress, or WinAVI.

Anything but Nero? Are you serious Firon? I have Nero 7 and have used it for almost all my burning and it has always worked perfectly for me.

Anywho, WinAVI converter is a good program if you have AVI files and you want to convert them to DVD format. Then you can take those DVD files that it made and burn those on a disc using burning software. If you do want to watch movies on your TV using your dvd player, you'll want to make sure it can read DVD-R's.

If all you have is Nero, that'll work. I'd recommend Prassi ONES, myself.

If we're narrowing it down to xvid/divx conversion, why are ppl recommending WinAVI? Sure it's ok..but not better overall than ConvertXToDVD in terms of output quality vs speed, menu building, etc.

Use ConvertXToDVD to convert your divx/xvid files to DVD video. Burn the resulting folder to blank DVDR using Nero, if that's all you have.

Nero's really bloated, has many bugs, and has been the cause of more than a few coasters with DVDs when no other burning app gives problems (using the same media!). It used to bitch about power calibration errors for no reason with my old burner too, Padus doesn't/

I've not had coaster issues with DiscJuggler, but it's just not that "user friendly" :P

I think some people forget to check "Close disc" (it's not on by default), or set it to be auto-on in the preferences. I sure did a few times, 'till I set it default on.

• 4 months later...

Vike wrote

"Anywho, WinAVI converter is a good program if you have AVI files and you want to convert them to DVD format. Then you can take those DVD files that it made and burn those on a disc using burning software. If you do want to watch movies on your TV using your dvd player, you'll want to make sure it can read DVD-R's."

I use a Mac primarily but have an XP PC. I have downloaed an avi file. Is WinAVI part of the XP system, will it be on my PC somewhere? I have Windows movie maker, does that dop the same thing? I am a total novice at downloading movies etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived