Enable "Create Subfolder" for single file downloads

nemohj

The reasons for this make a lot of sense:

• In your/my Downloads folder, you might choose to sort files by "Date created". This presents one problem though, as Windows will list either the folders before or after the files, when in fact, to truly list your downloads by "Date created", folders and files should blend.
  • Torrents might include zipped folders (I believe most unzip applications unzip files to a subfolder as the standard), applications (that perhaps generate .ini files when run) and whatnot byproducts might be generated by your torrented goodies. When you know you are done with your download, you can easily delete the folder that remained after uTorrent removed and deleted .torrent + Data.
  • It just sort of seems like one of those features that are so obvious and simple, it's a shame not to implement them, but of course that's up to Admin to decide. ;)

Here's a suggestion as to how you could keep the functionality almost identical to the current one:

When downloading multiple file torrents, don't change anything, let it be just as is. When downloading single file torrents, instead of graying "Create Subfolder" out, change the value to "Create Subfolder for single file downloads" and persist this value independably from the multiple file torrent setting. Of course you can still keep this box unchecked as the standard setting.

What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nemohj, I fully agree.

Sometimes programmers see the interface as they would like them and not what users want.

I normally uncheck the multiple files and then select just the one I want.  But uTorrent puts it in its own folder -- that I then have to move the file out of and come back to delete.  An unecessary hassle that some programmer is holding dear to their heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Nemohj, I fully agree.

Sometimes programmers see the interface as they would like them and not what users want.

I normally uncheck the multiple files and then select just the one I want.  But uTorrent puts it in its own folder -- that I then have to move the file out of and come back to delete.  An unecessary hassle that some programmer is holding dear to their heart.

I'm glad you do!

In your particular example, wouldn't it work to uncheck "Create Subfolder"?

Another slightly related feature that could prove useful would be if µTorrent prompted you to delete other files in the subfolder it is deleting. I know µTorrent deletes the subfolder if it's empty, so it definitely checks if it's empty. I want it to delete the rest of the files too (95% of the time, at least).

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Friends and Developers,

Most of the time I add some extra files to the torrent directory. If torrent contains one file, I should create the folder manually, in order to keep my main torrent directory clean. Therefore I want individual folder for every torrent even for torrents with one file.

Dear Developers,

Please make it possible.

Thanks

Archived