uTorrent 100% clone will be builded

venekirsa

yes, it currently is overly aggressive with announce requests and it has a simple bug in reporting upload amounts. but there are user-submitted patches for both those problems that the Transmission developers refuse to implement. but the point is that the application and library are open source (using the generous MIT license) so it can be used freely by others from which to base a better client. once those patches are applied, a developer would only have to add features to win over users.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the OP was talking about a new client. i was suggesting the transmission code could be used as base from which to build that new client. so the new client would just identify itself as whatever the new name would be. of course, some private trackers consider all clients guilty until proven innocent.

vlc isnt good ? Firon how come i cant get other players to play certain files yet vlc comes though time after time ?

if vlc sux which i dont doubt you then give me a better one ...without me having to get 20000 codecs or whatever those things are ...

so i have nvidia geforce 7300le i should be ok with "pure video" if i can find it right ?

hey thnx and sorry to take yall away from Ivanna

so i might even have the player installed and havent found it yet since i just got this new puter a few weeks ago.

I rarely play videos nowadays, but I so far, CCCP hasn't caused any problems on my end. All it does is *basically* what Firon does: installs FFDshow, MPC, Haali's splitter, and *some* other things that don't conflict. I understand why a lot of people hate codec packs (I do to, if they're just like AcE or Tsunami K-Lite or whatever else), but this one is not so much a codec pack as it is an *automated* installer for the simple things that people normally install anyway.

Archived