Very low upload speed, I think it isnt related to utorrent.

bear021

So I have this problem.. my upload speed is very low,  I have tried:

*different torrent programs just to check if it has something to do with some settings and its the same on all.

*I have also watched alot of videos and read other posts how you can increase your upload speed via settings and experimented with alot of different settings without any luck.

*I have opened the port I am using in utorrent and I have made exception in windows firewal(but I dont know if I need to do so for outgoing traffic, if so I dont know how to do. )

I have also tried alot of different torrents so I know its not  just someone with slow net thats downloading the torrent. Usually my torrents isnt moving at all but sometime they get this spike and can jump up to 10-20kb/s for a minute or so, I have had utorrent running all day with 10 different torrents , all which are active and people are downloading and I have uploaded 950ish mb.

It feels like this is like a firewall setting or maybe I portforwarded wrong or something? I download fine,  I have 100/10 internet and I download 8-9 mb/s , its just the upload that wont go.

Appreciate any help ! :)

I know you said your problem is mainly with upload and you did say you've watched many nasty videos but you can try these to see if things get better....

Assuming that your settings in utorrent are O.K...(SPEEDTEST.NET)

I would suggest you check Glasnost to see if your ISP has decided to block or throttle your p2p connection.

GLASNOST

Check and make sure that you have windows firewall exceptions (tcp & udp) properly assigned for utorrent.

Check to see and allow utorrent in your antivirus software also.

Another thing is to assign your pc to use a static IP and then     

Manually forward your port for your IP:

PORTFORWARD

After you manually forward your port correctly then you can disable UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in utorrent.

After all is said and done you can one of these torrents to max your download speed!

TEST TORRENTS

What sort of peer counts on the info tab do you have for the offending torrents?

hmm peer counts are 
1 of 26 (19 in swarm)
0 of 51 (43 in swarm)
1 of 33 (25 in swarm)

and so on .. most have 0 , and when they have 1 it dissapears pretty fast.

I know you said your problem is mainly with upload and you did say you've watched many nasty videos but you can try these to see if things get better....

Assuming that your settings in utorrent are O.K...(SPEEDTEST.NET)

I would suggest you check Glasnost to see if your ISP has decided to block or throttle your p2p connection.

GLASNOST

Check and make sure that you have windows firewall exceptions (tcp & udp) properly assigned for utorrent.

Check to see and allow utorrent in your antivirus software also.

Another thing is to assign your pc to use a static IP and then     

Manually forward your port for your IP:

PORTFORWARD

After you manually forward your port correctly then you can disable UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in utorrent.

After all is said and done you can one of these torrents to max your download speed!

TEST TORRENTS

Ok, I ran speedtest and I have 90.19 mb down and 9.75 up.

In windows firewall, I have utorrent tcp in,udp in and utorrent2 tcp in, udp in checked on both private and public.

I Ran GLASNOST and this is the result:

Namnl_s.jpg

I also assigned my pc to static IP and made sure I had portforwarded correct and I had, after I did I disabled upnp and nat pmp portmapping,

It is still the same, no difference :( .. What do you mean with your last thing you wrote? you want me to download knoppix?

If someone think its necessary I could printscreen all my settings but Im not sure it is because of them I have this problem but on the other hand what do I know ? :D 

What about the seed numbers on your offending torrents?

0 of 0 connected (492 in swarm)

0 of 0 connected (119 in swarm)

0 of 0 connected (84 in swarm)

0 of 0 connected (348 in swarm)

and so on ..

1 torrent actually went up to 1 mb/s upload speed but only did so for a few seconds and then the up speed section went blank again and now its jumping between blank and 0.1 kb/s like all the other ones.

Is there anything else I can provide you with that could help figuring this out? (thanks for taking your time helping out btw).

Ok, so heavily overseeded torrents then.

Oh really? its as simple as that ? :D  , HOWEVER,  I know this wasnt the case from the start cause I tested ALOT of different torrent and it was the same on all , but I guess it got solved when I did all these steps here but I couldnt notice it since the torrent were overseeded.

Does this mean that there are so many people seeding so noone is taking stuff from me? (  =go for the ones with pretty low seed number and high leach I guess?)

Thx for the help

Archived