Upload speed limits don't work

funkyzoom

I'm using utorrent 3.4.1(build 30740), and since a couple of weeks, 'upload limits' never work. Whether I set  a particular upload limit under Options -> Preferences -> Bandwidth, right click on the downloading torrent and choose a particular upload limit, or both, my torrents ALWAYS upload at the maximum speed of my internet connection. But whatever download speed limits I set, seem to work fine. On the rare occasions that my upload speed limits work, for some reason the download speed too goes down drastically until I against set the upload speed limit to 0 (unlimited). Even otherwise, whenever I use a public tracker, utorrent always seems to give a much higher priority to upload speed rather than download speed. Please help me out.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had the same problem. I appreciate the program, so this is less a complaint than a request. I've had this problem in previous versions as well. May I suggest that the UTP limit be checked by default? Seems odd to have several different check boxes/context menus for the same function. placement of boxes seems counter-intuitive.

Archived