set up guide/ preferences

winn62

Hello I'm new here, I recently downloaded and installed uTorrent. I've had it before on another computer to which it was installed threw a friend but I no longer have contact with this person , I've moved. Now I would like to join back with uTorrent's but I'm unsuccessful with finding someone who is familiar with setting the set up guide "bandwidth" and preferences " folder options" . I know I've really confused myself by looking on you tube and reading on Google. And then a light bulb can on and I registered with forms , I'm not either reading the help guide properly or I'm just to outdated as far as installing programs that I don't normally do. I would greatly appreciate any and all help .

Just to try and narrow my needing help, 1st. I'm uncertain of bandwidth I'm in Canada if that even matters ?

And the setting of folder preferences I'm confused as to how many I need ? And where to put them .

Thank you

winn62

I haven't set any of the settings I haven't been able to figure out what is the correct procedure is, and I was also afraid of making a huge mess of things , especially with my new laptop . I am cautious because I'm not good at fixing my computer mistakes. And I would really appreciate your assistance.

Thank - you

winn62

Hi DreadWingKnight :

I started reading how to set up guide , did the speed test left the location on the selected one that was already automatically selected.

Had a green check mark , then did the network connection put the port to 0 and went ahead and ran another test. But it showed a yellow check mark with a asterisk ? So I read  further on and to my understanding if I'm reading correctly I need a port.

I never clicked save yet, just trying to figure things out don't want to bugger things up that I can't  fix.

Another Question if I may. I have a wireless router if I need a port to which I did read on about would that create a problem for my router?

I know the question looks and sounds like from left field but I'm not a mechanically inclined person .

Thank you for your patience and time , please help.

Thank - you

winn62

Archived