Nightly Builds

cmeisel

Starting today you will see nightly builds on the website. 

What are the nightly builds?

The nightly builds are interim builds that are minimally tested, unsupported and changelogfree. Think of them as (Pre-)Alpha builds.

These unreleased builds may not always be stable, may have undocumented features, known defects, and any number of other issues. 

Use at your own risk! 

-- 2014-04-01: Version 3.4.1 (build 30764) Nightly

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nightly builds are interim builds that are minimally tested and unsupported. Thing of them as Alpha builds.

*Think.

I think of the Beta builds as Alpha builds, as everything seems to undergo minimal testing, judging from the apparent fact users can spot many issues generally within minutes or hours of using them.

These unreleased builds may not always be stable, may have undocumented features, known defects, and any number of other issues. 

So basically, your just asking users to test to an even greater degree, builds which have undergone what I would assume to be zero testing and thus be quite broken.

Honestly, I wonder if the community would be better served by not testing anything you guys release in an effort for you to get Bittorrent Inc's software coding practices up to what many would consider a mediocre level.

Can someone tell me why do we not have expandable tree structures for folders nestled within torrents? Trying to navigate your way through large torrents with multiple or dozens of directories inside is a semi nightmare, it would be so much tidier if you could just expand them out one at a time. Also, when are you guys going to fix the WebUI's refreshing and scrolling issues?

So: we now have a 3.4.1 "stable" in the 3.4 thread. A 3.4.1 beta, and now 3.4.1 nightly builds ...

In "normal" conditions, as the 3.4.1 gets stable, all alpha, beta and nightly builds should get 3.4.2 or even 3.5.

As this (planned) confusion seems to be BT inc. main target - what are you guys smoking?

*Think.

I think of the Beta builds as Alpha builds, as everything seems to undergo minimal testing, judging from the apparent fact users can spot many issues generally within minutes or hours of using them.

So basically, your just asking users to test to an even greater degree, builds which have undergone what I would assume to be zero testing and thus be quite broken.

Honestly, I wonder if the community would be better served by not testing anything you guys release in an effort for you to get Bittorrent Inc's software coding practices up to what many would consider a mediocre level.

Can someone tell me why do we not have expandable tree structures for folders nestled within torrents? Trying to navigate your way through large torrents with multiple or dozens of directories inside is a semi nightmare, it would be so much tidier if you could just expand them out one at a time. Also, when are you guys going to fix the WebUI's refreshing and scrolling issues?

• Your Stable version seems to me nightly build.  :D  :D  :lol:  :P  :rolleyes: 

Any chance of an option to only download the file list within the torrent and stop? Fast connections often end up downloading megabytes of data from files not wanted, whilst refreshing or clicking like mad on and off the Files tab to see when the list has finally been downloaded.

Did any of you actually pay attention to the date?

Did you ever have a look here ?

The sad episode is that this seems not to be a joke on 1st of April ... otherwise somebody with rests of brain would delete this on the official page.

EDIT/Update:

Now the beta 30783 also identifies as nightly build, as does 30777 - so the confusion continues ...

True that they should include a link:

But you can find it at their Download Link

30824, not 30820 .... Have to be accurate when dealing with explosive software ...  ;)

Plus, since no one has posted about issues in DHT with 3.4.1, it could have been be nice to have more details as to what  was changed/improved, and why prioritize DHT over all those more tangible  issues...

Archived