Bundle baloon popups in systray. How to disable?

jwalk

Windows 7

uTorrent  3.4.1

build 30740

I keep getting Bundle something something popup notifications in my systray. I don't want them.

I've gone to Options and disabled "Show Bundles".

I've gone to Options>Preferences>Advanced and set

offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabledgui.show_plus_upselloffers.left_rail_offer_enabledbt.enable_pulse

all to "false" and restarted. And I'm still getting these systray notification bubbles.

Is there a way to disable this?

Windows 7

uTorrent  3.4.1

build 30740

I keep getting Bundle something something popup notifications in my systray. I don't want them.

I've gone to Options and disabled "Show Bundles".

I've gone to Options>Preferences>Advanced and set

offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabledgui.show_plus_upselloffers.left_rail_offer_enabledbt.enable_pulse

all to "false" and restarted. And I'm still getting these systray notification bubbles.

Is there a way to disable this?

Options > Preferences > UI Settings > Show balloon notifications in tray < Uncheck > OK

Temporary workaround. Sadly this means you will also miss the "Torrent completed" notification but you can work around that with Options > Preferences > Advanced > Run program to perform for example a sound signal when torrent finishes downloading or open the directory to view newly finished files.

I hope this is not permanent behaviour because if so i will downgrade to an earlier version as i hate nagging nanny who constantly demands attention.

I disabled the baloon notifications in tray already and it still shows those offers.

I am all for µTorrent getting some revenue through advertisements, but these popups are ridiculous. Everyone hates pop-ups.

EDIT:

I am accounting for my mates budget at the moment, it doesn't feel comfortable to get interrupted in something important. Later I'll be drawing in CAD... If I get interrupted there I won't just get annoyed, I'll get angry.

Posted · Hidden by Firon, April 4, 2014 - wrong info
Hidden by Firon, April 4, 2014 - wrong info

Options > Preferences > Advanced:

bt.enable_pulse...(false)
distributed_share.enable...(false)
gui.show_notorrents_node...(false)
gui.show_plus_upsell...(false)
offers.404_disable...(true)
offers.404_dismiss...(true)
offers.content.offer_autoexec...(false)
offers.featured_content_url...(leave blank)
offers.left_rail_offer_enabled...(false)
offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled...(false)

Archived