very slow downloads

brang

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg thank god it has worked but the bad news is that because of my slow internet speed i have to leave it on at night for just to download blah blah..... the masin thin gis this costes lot of eltcicty charge lots i tell u so do u guys know any programs that can help me to reduce the engery or something keep it on only  for download..( i dont want the power options thing in windows ive done that)

hey guys i have an anothor problem when i download something it first is normal after a few hours or when shut the pc and then turn it on i press the start button and nothing happens it dont download when i loook at the peers (whatevere that is) there is none. yesterday i download a music track the budles or somethingg (120mb) it was fine nothing was wrong. but after that  i tried to download 320 mb file after a few minets it stops can u help me guys please  :unsure:  :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I have no clue if this will help, but I was having similar speed problems and i did the following:

Preferences --> Bandwidth --> "Disable the "Apply rate limit to uTP connections" option ( under the Global Rate Limit Options subheading).

This fixed my issues (went from ~5-20kb/s to 200-500kb/s +). Hope it helps! 

Wow. I recently upgraded my internet plan, and when I did a few "internet speed tests," they'd all come back saying I was in the 92 percentile in the world, meaning my internet is pretty fast. It's nothing crazy, but a site like speedtest.net says my down speed is around 178mbps. With that being said, when using torrents, no matter how good the seed-to-peer ratios were, my download speeds would fall in the average of 3-30kbps, which was baffling. On my old computer, when my down speed was around 50 mpbs, I could still average like 1mbps on utorrent. After I did what you said, the torrent I was downloading went from 5kbps to 12mbps! And it stayed at the speed, same with the next torrent I used. Thanks a bunch, buddy.

• 1 month later...

increase the bandwidth of the particular download to its highest it will increase the speed back to what u were getting increase only the download bandwidth....

if that doeent works put the bandwidth allocation to high

do it on the torrent u are currently downloading....

goodluck :)

• 1 month later...

I too had the same issue. 0.1 kB/s download speed. What made me fix it is that i just sang "Don't drop that thun thun, don't drop that thun thun." I guess once you sing this song from your heart it'll work. It fixed the issue.
IF IT DIDN'T

Preferences --> Bandwidth --> "Disable the "Apply rate limit to uTP connections" option
that might help. But I suggest you to sing first and feel it before you do the other option.

Archived