Utorrent server 3.3 works well

dsm1212

Installed on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit and it looks good. The web UI with this version looks nice and I like the mobile UI on IOS/Chrome. Nice job!

It looks like the server created a "share" directory where it is installed. There is nothing in it, but what is that for? I just like to be careful about what I'm sharing so the name has me wondering :-).

thanks!

I'm deploying it right now, I will test it too, appear that they are looking foward in the developing of linux version, this is good.

Well, still not working in Dolphin Browser in Android, and still working well in Firefox for Android.

------ EDIT ------

But it's still not working if you set "Put new downloads in:" to a folder inside a mounted partition.

e.g: /mnt/sdb1/uTorrent

[20140307 14:17:48] Error: TORRENT TEST - Former volume not mounted.
[20140307 14:18:12] Error: TORRENT TEST - Former volume not mounted.
[20140307 14:18:18] Error: TORRENT TEST - Former volume not mounted.

That's odd, I'm running it inside a virtual machine and my mounted partition works fine. I'm got this set to /media/sf_BitTorrent/Busy. When they are done they are moved to /media/sf_BitTorrent/Completed.

$ mount | grep BitTorrent

BitTorrent on /media/sf_BitTorrent type vboxsf (gid=1001,rw)

How are you mounting the partition?

steve

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed it uid/gid to the user where I'm running utorrent server and still not being able to use /mnt/sdb1/uTorrent.

[20140324 09:16:11] Error: Sonata Arctica - Pаriah's Child (Japanese Ed) (2014) [FLAC] - Former volume not mounted.

I thought about this error and checked if it could be about this mount with NTFS, but Ive tested it to download at /mnt/sdb1 and it started to download.

if I set it to download at /mnt/sdb1 and when I add a download I write the folder name in sub-path it return to the same error.

I've tried with /uTorrent \uTorrent and uTorrent.
[20140324 09:23:43] Error: Fraps 3.5.99 - Former volume not mounted.
[20140324 09:25:02] Error: Fraps 3.5.99 - Former volume not mounted.
[20140324 09:25:31] Error: Fraps 3.5.99 - Former volume not mounted.

Move after finish works perfeclty and if I set to add label it create the folder after finishing the download.

That`s it waiting for reply

I just googled "Former volume not found" and hit several other notes on this utorrent forum where people reported this. None of them had a solution, but several of them mentioned it was an NTFS drive so I suspect it has something to do with that. If direct mount points work then maybe try mounting the exact directory you want to put the files in so you don't have to use the folder sub-path. Otherwise you'll need to get some utorrent developer here to respond.

steve

Archived