3.4.1 Bugs Cannot stop seed!

ExpatMedia

There are actually several issues with the new 3.4.1 that are extremely annoying.

The worst of which is that when I select a group of seeds and say stop, they do NOT stop! It does not matter how many times I try, or even if I do it one by one. There is no rhyme or reason either. Some will stop, others will not stop.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

I have a similar problem. The torrent shows red. Will not stop, nor respond to any other command. Sometimes I notice that the tracker has not been loaded (nor can I add it since the torrent responds to zero commands), but not always. The only solution is to exit and restart. I can find no communality in the torrents, it happens randomly but often.

UPDATE: The red torrents that I can't simply stop now respond to other commands. You might try this, so far it has worked for me. Re-run the torrent file, it will say it is already loaded, answer that you want to load the tracker from it. Now in uT go to properties for the stuck torrent and click "Initial Seeding". The torrent should now turn green. Stop and start the file a few times and the "Initial Seeding" status will finally go off. Then you can just stop the file, and if you restart it again in the future it won't be "Initial Seeding" status.

I mis-recalled the steps, tried to edit my post but couldn't. Here's the correct steps.UPDATE: The red torrents that I can't simply stop now respond to other commands. You might try this, so far it has worked for me. Re-run the torrent file, it will say it is already loaded, answer that you want to load the tracker from it. Now in uT go to properties for the stuck torrent and click "Initial Seeding". The torrent should now turn green and you can stop it. Go back to Properties and uncheck the Initial Seeding box. You might have to stop and start the file a few times to both change and "Initial Seeding" status and stop the torrent. I can sometimes just go into Properties without reloading the tracker, but I just load the tracker first so I don't have to go back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...

Im having the same problem.

I found a slightly quicker way around it for now that works for me.

1.) Highlight the Torrent/Torrents you wish to stop

2.) RIght click and choose Force Start

3.) Right click again and Choose Stop

4.) They should now stop.

Hope this works for others as well until they fix it.

Cheers

I am running 3.4.1 30946, I have seeding disabled. Seeding occurs all the time, even with new torrents, when loading a .torrent file or using the magnet. 

P.S. Right click and choosing Force Start, then again with Stop is too much stuff to do, it's much faster to hit the Delete key then enter to confirm delete.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived