Download stuck on "Connecting to Peers 0.0%"

Alexpuddy

Hey there Utorrent community. I have been trying to download South Park The Stick of Truth over the past two days, but unfortunately it is not working. I have checked online for solutions but to no avail.

My tracker status reads:

[DHT] - working

[Local Peer Discovery] - working

[Peer Exchange] - working

udp://tracker.istole.it:80/announce - Connection timed out.

udp://tracker.ccc.de:80 - Connection timed out.
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80 - Connection timed out.
udp://open.demonii.com:1337 - Connection timed out.
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 - Connection timed out.

My firewall is not blocking Utorrent in any way and I have uninstalled my internet security program (Mostly because it expired today). Also, I tried installing http://www.slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php And that worked peerfectly. What can I do to fix this issue?

It seems many are having a similar problem, as do I. But i am having problems with slackware as well, but only sometimes. It is very irregular. Same with other torrents, sometimes they can sit for hours/days connecting to peers, and sometimes they almost download straight away! 

I have even tried going back to an old version of utorrent, that did not fix the problem, i used other torrent clients, same problem... I would think it was the router but i have another computer on the same network running utorrent perfectly (same versions, same version of windows etc.)! I don't doubt the problem is on my computer, some setting out of place, but what?

So does anyone have a clue what i could try? 

I'm experiening something similar. I am able to download from the pirate bay, but when I try to download torrents from the site I use regularly (ILT) it just says connecting to peers and will not allow me to download. I haven't had this issue until I upgraded my uTorrent. What do you guys think?

Could you explain what the fix was? I have this same problem.

I just want to watch TV shows on my computer, and there's plenty of seeders.

Most of my torrents say Connecting to Peers and never connect. If they do manage to connect they download at like 2.5kb/sec.. I'm on a 50Mbps cable speed. Every other piece of software/websites load quick.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, was using the latest uTorrent, but rolled back to 3.3.2 with no luck. I have a Moto SB6141 cable modem, D-Link DIR-825 router, and I'm on ethernet about 2 or 3 feet away.

PS - one thing I noticed is, if one of the torrents starts and it's running slow, sometimes getting a second torrent to start will jumpstart the speed in the first one. It's pretty random, though, and getting a torrent to start is hard because most stuck at connecting to peers.

I've done everything above and even tested my connection for traffic shapping at  http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/glasnost.php, but I still haven't figured it out yet. I'm using windows 8.1 on build 3.4.1(30833). Everything says either Connecting to Peers or Finding Peers. I haven't got anythign to download over the last few weeks. I've played around with DHT turning it on/off, reinstalling the application, turning off firewall, changing the ports, setup a proxy, tried several reliable torrent's that i knew had several hundred seeder's but nothing is working. I feel like this is a bug or maybe traffic shapping that perhaps glasnost didn't catch.  If anyone find's a solution to this let me know.

Factionite,

I am having the same problem. Only two of the four sites that I use are allowing me to seed. It will not allow me to download anything new from those sites. I had to use a back up torrent downloader, until Utorrent can address and fix the problem. Tried to "update tracker" with negative results.

You're getting a site-specific error message. You'd need to contact the site you get your torrents from for support.

Note: ILT has a history of making decisions that are not actually good for torrenting.

Thank you. Can you recomend a better site?

• 2 weeks later...

hello i am having the same problem, except these are my trackers.....

[DHT]                                                               waiting for announce

[Local peer discovery]                                     working

[Peer exchange]                                              working

upd://open.demonii.com:1337                         Connection timed out

udp://tracker-ccc.de6969                                no such host is known

the rest say connection timed out

the torrent worked great for about a week then one day it all went red saying "connecting to peers", i removed and restarted it and now its just stuck on "connecting to peers"

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

:) Hi,

I've been trying to d/load from kickass.to as I couldnot get the series I wanted on my normal torrent provider :(

But for some reason under trackers everything is disabled. My firewall allows utorrent but cannot figure out if I need to allow something else through the firewall. Pretty rubbish with technical stuff so hope some one can help. 

thank you in advance :)

Hello. I've been having similar issues as above users have mentioned. I have used uTorrent for a few years now and this issue started a couple days ago. I have enabled/allowed uTorrent thru my firewall, turned off AVG, uninstalled/reinstalled uTorrent, turned off DHT/re-enabled it, ran as admin. I'm lost as to what to do next. Here is my screenshot... post-373075-0-65583500-1399997755_thumb.

Archived