Something Special.

maccool111

I've been around the BT scene almost since it began but never have I seen a site so dedicated to helping it's users.

Quite new to μtorrent and all in all I'm quite impressed but lets be 100% honest does a torrent program really have to be that complicated????

The BIGGEST respect to all the staff.

Complicated? In what way(s)? At any rate, I'm working on a complete user manual (yes, the traditional kind, not just a FAQ) for µTorrent that explains more-or-less everything, so maybe that'll help demistify it (if the "complicated-ness" is confusing you, that is). It might take a while though =T

Anyway, to be honest, I'd say Azureus is complicated, and µTorrent is almost like a baby's toy compared to it in terms of usage, but whatever, YMMV ;P

I'd say it's pretty much par for the course, given that half the questions are related to low-level questions about the BitTorrent protocol and stuff like choke algorithms (which could be posted on just about any torrent client BBS) and most of the rest are dumb questions along the lines of:

1. "I'm not connectable and can't be arsed to read the FAQ so can somebody show be how to fix it?"

2. "How can I install XYZ after I illegally downloaded it?"

3. "My torrent has 438 other peers, and 1 seeder who is on a dial-up connection. Why is it downloading so damned slow!?!?"

;)

Check out the BitComet forum if you want to see 'complicated'. I hung out there for a bit and it makes this place look sane. :D

Archived