Does not prompt for location after auto-loading .torrent

Lazy Lone Lion

Did this happen to someone else?

I configure "location of .torrents" in the "Directories" section to automatically load .torrents from "autotor"-folder, and it does specifically that all right.

But it does not ask me for downloaded file name or location, even though the option "[x] Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data" is checked and directories option "[ ] Put new downloads to:" is unchecked.

It simply stores new file in the last used location.

What is more srange - on my home computer everyhing works Ok, but not on my main working PC. And this continues for several version updates already.

Can someone help me with any advice?

Notes: uTorrent 3.4.1-30768 (and earlier too!)

It is just very nice and comfortable bug behavior for me. ^_^

Not only for You, but for many-many users too!

It's wonder why admins dont want to keep that functionality to live, optionally for example?

The only need is to make option <Prefs - UI Settings - Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data> to work properly

Is this all we're gonna get from admins? It would be nice to know if this feature is gonna come back or not, considering that the help documentation now points to an option that is no longer there, and that checkboxes which would seemingly solve the problem do absolutely nothing.

Exactly, and I'm not sure I believe it was a bug really when there is help documentation showing how to use the feature (documentation which is no longer accurate following whatever update). If it doesn't come back I will probably try to roll back the version or else switch application tbh.

And though this is besides the point, the admin's response to the problem is incredibly unhelpful and uninformative.

Archived