No Incoming connections

Sandra Seares

Hi on the right hand  lower corner the icon triangle is either red or amber, and they say I have no incoming connectons, but I do, although they are slow.I have checked my firewall and all seems ok there. Also I have Utorrent plus and reinstalled and that make no difference. One thing that keeps coming up is, an older version of Utorrent is running but I cannot find it anywhere. Has anyone any idea?

Do you have any other firewall in place, either external hardware ones or software installed in your machine? Keep in mind that some modems and routers have filtering capabilities as well.

Have you checked the Software installed in your Windows Control Panel? (for the older and hidden version of uTorrent) if you find your old uTorrent there, remove it.

Have you checked the Windows Task Manager (Hold CTRL+SHIFT and ESC) for the old uTorrent?

It helps to know you Windows version for a better support.

Thank you Newbie for caring. I had done all you said. I am on Windows 7. I cannot find the other Utorrent. I went to where the programs are installed, and you can then uninstall the programs, but there was only the one I just reinstalled today. However I just checked now on Utorrent and the light is now green. So I then exited out and came back in, and it is back to amber. It is still downloading ok but I am sure it is not yet right. On the task manager where do I look. I saw Utorrent there, but I think it is the one that I am using now. I have AVG Security and Windows Firewall is disabled. This has just started happening in the last week. The only other firewall is my Utorrent one.

I am having the exact same problem. uTorrent has functioned flawlessly for me for years, now this. I also lost all my files with an update a while ago, and I am slowly correcting that. This, however, just started occuring in the last week or so. I have tried to port forward, firewall adjustments, etc., still sporadic.

Archived