A few quiestions from a beginner

DaDiRa

Hello everyone! I've been using μTorrent for a long time, but now, I setup my old computer to use it only for downloading, and -of course- seeding. I have some questions I didn't care about when I just downloaded stuff. First of all, what about your files when seeding? Let's say I have downloaded a movie. Can I copy it to my flash drive and keep seeding without a problem or not? Also, what about the .torrent file? Can I delete or move it while seeding or I must have both the downloaded file and the torrent to be able to seed? What about magnet links, which just open the torrent program ready for download?

I think these are my questions for now, but I'm certainly going to come back with more :P

Sorry if there is already a topic, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

Hello everyone! I've been using μTorrent for a long time, but now, I setup my old computer to use it only for downloading, and -of course- seeding. I have some questions I didn't care about when I just downloaded stuff. First of all, what about your files when seeding? Let's say I have downloaded a movie. Can I copy it to my flash drive and keep seeding without a problem or not?

Copying a seed file is fine, no impact on seeding.

Also, what about the .torrent file? Can I delete or move it while seeding or I must have both the downloaded file and the torrent to be able to seed?

The folder/file/s downloaded by a torrent can, during seed, be copied in part or all, but no part can be removed from its directory.  The only allowed move is one performed by uTorrent itself and, during seeding, that's from the current directory to the configured seed directory. 

What about magnet links, which just open the torrent program ready for download?

Doesn't matter whether you DL via torrent file or magnet, same rules apply.

I think these are my questions for now, but I'm certainly going to come back with more :P

Sorry if there is already a topic, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

FYI -- My responses are based on nine months of hands-on.  If I made any errors, hopefully I'll be corrected!

Archived