Reinstate option to change name and location of torrent data after torrent is autoloaded from directory

kiboy6

Hi,

After the upgrade to 3.4 I noticed an unwanted change in behaviour.

I searched the forum and saw this change described here: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/89433-no-add-new-torrent-dialog-displayed/

I understand that the previous behaviour is being considered a bug, and that the lack of name/location dialog when these torrents are auto-loaded from a directory is considered intentional.

However, I think there is still a perfectly valid (and perhaps common) usage scenario where this dialog would still be very useful:

All my torrenting is done on a remote machine - I like to dropbox .torrent files to a folder on that remote machine which utorrent monitors. It is very convenient for me to have those torrents automatically opened, awaiting instruction for name and location, as soon as I log into that machine.

Yes, I could navigate to that folder and open each torrent one by one. But this is not only more laborious, it also requires me remembering to do so. With the previous behavior, whenever I logged into my torrent machine, the torrents that needed attention would be popping up "asking" for name / location instructions.

i will be rolling back to 3.3, just to have this feature back if necessary - but 3.4 otherwise looks like an awesome update so I would love to stay with it if possible :)

So, it would be amazing if the devs would consider re-introducing this feature, as an option if necessary.

thanks so much :)

Archived