utorrent suddenly crashes, .dmp file included

Solstar82

i'm using utorrent on a win 7 x64 machine,never ever crashed in years,did it last night suddenly.i tried to re-open it multiple times,it works for a couple of minutes,then it crashes again.i had a small black-out last night,and i thought that some torrent files might be corrupted,but of course i don't know which one,since i am unable to open\read the .dmp.so here it is for you,hope you guys can help me

https://mega.co.nz/#!TsoDVLqC!Mf74dd529vUd4yXnkpHtzjjrlV9UfR8wpwZuAd4C5JU

I'm having the same problem.  Ever since 3.4.1 (build 30888) [32-bit] came out, uTorrent has been crashing a lot.  The download page claims it's stable but it's certainly not stable on my machine.  And the hash checking I have to go through each time is ridiculously slow.  Much slower than it used to be.  I'm running Windows Vista x64, meaning I'm also on a 64-bit machine.  Nothing new has been installed except for this update.  Why is there no uTorrent version for 64-bit machines specifically?

The problem is not related to any particular version; since I'm using v2.0.2 (because I like the old ad-free version) and periodically experience crash dumps, too. I suspect that the crashes are related to the RSS Downloader, for the problem on my system began after I started subscribing to RSS feeds. But the RSS feature may not be the culprit. My FIOS connection is super fast, and I'm running Steve Balmer's edition of Win 7.

Do the crash dumps occur when you are downloading from a particular site? If so, your security software might be protecting you from a system compromise and blocking the port uTorrent has open. Just a guess.

I'm surprised the good folks at uTorrent are unable to throw more light on the matter as no doubt others have also reported to them crash dump file info. 

Is there a way to disable hash checking after a crash?  As it is the hash checking is so damn slow that it's spending almost all the time between crashes hash checking.  I can only download small items that will finish downloading between crashes.

No. The solution for you is to find out what's causing the crash and prevent it.

Hijackthis logs and process explorer process lists with the dll list for the utorrent.exe process would be the first step.

And stop linking the site you're using.

Any suggestions on how I figure out how to do that? Because the only thing I have installed new has been the new version of uTorrent. Is there a way to revert to the previous version without losing all my torrents?

• 1 month later...

Hello and thank you for the .dmp file.  It shows a crash while saving resume.dat, a known issue we are still looking into.  Meanwhile, can I suggest trying the advanced settings:

resume.enable_resume_dir = true

resume.dir_only = true

Archived