RSS feed showing duplicate torrents

kipper667

I've been using an older version for quite some time but recently did a SSD upgrade & installed the latest version of uTorrent and a few weeks ago installed the update. These 2 latest builds of uT show multiple duplicate torrents in my feed. I can go to the site itself & there is only 1 upload of the show but my feed displays several. This never happened with the old version I used and my laptops running the old version don't have this problem. Reinstalls do nothing to fix it. Attached is a picture of the problem.

post-372919-0-85803900-1399590113_thumb.

The RSS feed display has been broken since 3.4 was released - :angry:

but the problem only develops over time depending on how often the feed actually updates.  :huh:

A freshly started client does not present this problem and frequent restarts do help to keep this bug at a minimum  B)

or go back to a < 3.4 version  :o

Also the RSS Downloader parses the feeds just fine !  :)  

hope this explains a little   

I thing it was partially fixed in the latest betas starting with:

-- 2014-04-22: Version 3.4.1 RC (build 30916)

- Fix: RSS feed items not updated and wrong icons displayed in the antivirus column

So you might want to update to that track.

Be aware still it still seems buggy to me in the sense that the mainview display (RSS and in general) seems to be flickering during some refresh events (also related to RSS), since they seem  to have forgotten to take your sort order/column into account, and always refresh in alphabetical order, then switch back to yours... :(

Hi rafi,

Thx for the info !

The text of the fix for 4b did not lead me think it is related to the rss feed showing the wrong file names and source urls.

As all the other items in the feed like episode or pubdate where always matching the downloaded rss feed.

But will check it out !

Unfortunately my main source of torrents is tvtorrents and the still ban the  3.4.1 due to some tracker issues

so I will not be able to actually use that version for my torrents at the moment.

Regards

@rafi

sorry but the issue is still not fixed in build 31139 

- names and urls don't get updated while the pubdate and episode reflect the latest feed 

@DWK

if they don't allow the client I use := I can not download - I call that effective !

and this is about a free version - there is no support except what devs and community choose to offer.

And if someone goes back to and old version because the new one does not work as expected - they don't expect support - they wait till the new one is fixed.

And in the case of utorrent the support has been great and wonderful - Thank you team/community

- so In regards to kipper667  - I would not feel unsupported !

@rafi

sorry but the issue is still not fixed in build 31139 

- names and urls don't get updated while the pubdate and episode reflect the latest feed

Fixed in the beta track. Latest beta is now 30971... Confusing ...

@QWK

I am sorry to hear that - some people these days have a screwed up view of what they deserve or more so what they actually do not !

@rafi

I had a chance to check out 3.4.1 build 31309

and the rss feed looks like back to normal (I only had time to check for the listing problem)

@kipper667

so if you are still following - it looks like you can use the latest version of our favorite utorrent client once again :)

And I will just wait for a 3.4.2 so I can use my favorite provider again -_-

#offtopic

if they don't ban that one too, like they did with BitTorrent 7.9.1

looks like those two share the same problem ...

Archived