Error message about using old version

csutak40

I have a Win7 32 system  Using version 3.4.1 (build 31139) [32bit]

Lately, every time I go to download a torrent, I get an error pop-up to say that I am using an old version of uTorrent and I should close it and open the correct one.  I close the message, uTorrent opens, the torrent starts downloading and everything seems fine.

I tried searching for another version of uTorrent installed, but I can't find any.  What could be causing this?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. i unistalled utorrent, clean the registry with ccleaner  then reinstalled utorrent and the popup reappears

after the popup in control center,in add-remove programs appears 2 version of utorrent the 3.4.2.31633 which I installed and the 3.3.0.29625 which apeared after the error . I have win7 64 bit

Run the version you have installed from the start menu, open the preferences and click on "Associate with .torrent files". Tried doing that?

I just tried that, but that option is greyed out.  I also discovered that I wasn't running the latest version, and it is supposed to automatically update, but it hasn't.  Just updated it, also tried unticking the "check association on startup" while I was looking in preferences.  Made no difference

• 1 month later...

Well, I just installed build 31743 (which is has changed again since I last installed an update a few days ago) but it didn't fix the problem.  It is getting quite annoying

I have now installed 32354 (still no notifications about new versions) but the problem is still there.  Surely, I can't be the only one with this problem?post-360072-0-57788400-1405511095_thumb.

• 6 months later...

The problem never got solved, I just quit worrying about it. 

I have just purchased a new computer, clean installed uTorrent and it actually worked without the error message for en etire wee, before it started popping up again!  It is getting really annoying! 

I just updated it again, running 3.4.2  Build 37754 32bit, although my new system is 64bit, FWIW

post-360072-0-32961600-1422469629_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Run the version you have installed from the start menu, open the preferences and click on "Associate with .torrent files". Tried doing that?

I am hoping to bump this, as things have now gotten  worse.

I have changed my computer since I first wrote this post, now have a Win7 Pro 64bit computer.  Having clean installed uTorrent, the problem remained.  Until now, while it was annoying, it didn't actually create a problem, as uTorrent would still open and the torrent would load. That has changed as of today.  Now, I get the popup to tell me that a newer version of uTorrent is already running, but when I click on it, nothing else happens, so I can't actually download the torrent.

So, I now need urgent help, please!

As I said previously, the "assciate with torrent files" box is greyed out on my system.

This is the error I'm getting. 

post-360072-0-33350300-1427396626_thumb.

I am continuing from the above post, as it won't allow me to post two attachments. 

Another weird thing has happened.  As the system doesn't seem to automatically download updates, I have taken to regullarly check for updates.  I did again tonight, but somehow, the update I have installed earler is ahead of what's shown as the latest update.  How is that possible?

3.4.2.38913  is what's shown as the latest

yet, this is what's installed:

This is what I see in preferences:  Sorry for the tiny picture, that is all it will allow me to upload

post-360072-0-98232300-1427397863_thumb.

Archived