Asustor - Run Program Problems

wibble

Hi All,

I have been trying for a while to get a simple shell script to run when a download completes but without any success.    uTorrent server is running on my Asustor NAS and so I thought I could store a .sh file on volume1 and then call this from the Run Program settings.

To help me test this I have changed the script to be called "renameTest.sh" which simply echos the word "test" to a file as below:

echo "test" >> /volume1/Download/debug.log

and then in the Run Program settings, under "Run this program when a torrent finishes" I have...

/bin/sh /volume1/Download/renameTest.sh

However no matter what I try the file is never created.  I can't tell if it is running and failing or just never running.

Any help or advice anyone can give me which might help get this working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Can you run something other than bash/sh, such as "/usr/bin/touch /tmp/someDistinctivelyNamedFile", when a download completes, and do you see the touched file in the directory listing upon completion?  Or, is it just running a shell script that is problematic for you?

Hi McDonald,

I figured this out after reading around and my problem was relative paths. Once all my paths were absolute then this worked. So in my echo test, I changed it to "/bin/echo..." Which proved it and then I made sure my shell script only uses absolute paths.

Dth202 maybe this will help you also.

Thanks

Chris

Archived