Forum Errors

vurlix

You may encounter errors such as "Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /path/to/file.php on line x" while browsing the forum. This happens because phpBB is not yet compatible with the newer PHP versions. That said, i've done some minimal tweaks so that the board can at least be used. Let me know if you run into disruptive occurences of such errors and I will fix as needed..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a little digging. Seems like some weird rule in our webhost's configuration. We're contacting them and trying to get them to resolve the issue. It's been reported to happen on other forums.. http://www.geekhaven.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1357

All dh2.net's Apache web servers are using mod_security. The default settings disallow any invalid bytes, invalid URL and unicode encoding, HTTP upload, '../', '/etc', HTML tags, Javascript tags, PHP tags and common SQL commands in the HTTP GET and POST payload. This is an attempt to prevent server pokings, buffer overflow exploits, cross-site scripting attacks (HTML/Javascript/PHP injection) and SQL injection attacks.

Apparently our host is quite paranoid about security.. bottomline, if it happens to you, try to change the wording in your post until we find a way to get it working properly :

UPDATE: our webhost informed us that they removed the limit... let us know if it happens again.

Dumb, stop trolling with that useless FBI stuff.

nobody is trolling m8, i think the word needed here is concern, i have posted a guide for this client to Youceff P2P forums and it has become quite a popular client in the past few weeks with our members, this is obviously because it is rather good at what it does, but people will worry when things like this crop up, it is natural in the p2p world that people will be suspcious and by calling them names you will only facilitate that emotion.

@ vurlix your explanation is good enough for me, let the good work continue, however open source would have been a better road to travel my friend :D

Cheers guys

I did a little digging. Seems like some weird rule in our webhost's configuration. We're contacting them and trying to get them to resolve the issue. It's been reported to happen on other forums.. http://www.geekhaven.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1357

All dh2.net's Apache web servers are using mod_security. The default settings disallow any invalid bytes, invalid URL and unicode encoding, HTTP upload, '../', '/etc', HTML tags, Javascript tags, PHP tags and common SQL commands in the HTTP GET and POST payload. This is an attempt to prevent server pokings, buffer overflow exploits, cross-site scripting attacks (HTML/Javascript/PHP injection) and SQL injection attacks.

Apparently our host is quite paranoid about security.. bottomline, if it happens to you, try to change the wording in your post until we find a way to get it working properly :

UPDATE: our webhost informed us that they removed the limit... let us know if it happens again.

First of all, thanks for the reply.

To eva.02, obviously it is by no means "useless".....since this is a CLOSED-source torrent peer-to-peer application, being developed AND hosted on United States soil, where FBI have power over this stuff (how many "sites" have gotten taken down now?....)

So it most definately IS a concern....here is the reply I made, at the above mentioned phoenixlabs.org thread:

Well, I only got the redirect on the forum, when I was replying to a thread. I guess, maybe I triggered some sort of "Alarm"? lol...I actually took pictures of the FBI redirected page, as well as the reply I made, I wasn't able to snap a pic of the "your IP has been tracked, please wait or click to continue" or something like that.

Anyways....here's the process I took to get the redirect, lol

When I posted the reply as noted here and here

I was pointed here

and finally, that hyperlink, linked/redirected to here

Doesn't look like spyware, or phishing/scam of any type....since the pages were all hosted at/on the utorrent.com domain, or at the fbi site.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived