Forum Errors

vurlix

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, I was screwing with the code, but I'm pretty sure I fixed that a while ago. the forum was on maintenance for 2-3 hours, trying to fix load issues (CPU + bandwidth) for the forums with someone's help.

I already did the main site, all the pages, CSS and JS are gzipped on the main site, and the output is cached. Saves a nice amoutn on bandwidth. :P

The new posts link should be even faster now, and the server as a whole should be slightly faster. :P Some extra optimizations were done, and one was specifically for helping the speed of the new posts page

If there's any weird errors or speed issues or w/e, do tell.

Hi Firon, thanks for switching to punBB, it's faster and easier to use than the previous board.

However, if you disable page colors & reload this page, you get funky black border boxes in the left column. (instead of your browser's default background-color like the rest of the page.)

punbox.png

Semi-workaround, use the following userContent.css, which overrides http://forum.utorrent.com/style/imports/base.css #7 viewtopic setup. This isn't exactly working though, because user posts get cut off on the right side.

/* turn off funky solid borders on punbb boards */
DIV.postright, DIV.postfootright {
BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 1px !important;
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; !important; }

Can anyone suggest an appropriate fix, either in my user CSS or in your base.css?

@vurlix

With a new "Quick post", I only have the chance to "Submit"; no "Preview" is available.

Only at editing my new post, I have a "Preview" on it.

Is it possible to add this to the board?

So everybody can check his message before submitting.

PS: I'm using firefox 1.5.0.1 on XPSP2 in classic mode

Archived