µTorrent shuts down randomly

julesdude

Hi,

after I opened µTorrent it shuts down after a few hours. I can not recognize what the problem is. My internet connection is still available and I don't have a active automatically shutdown if all downloads are finished.

What can I do to fix this problem?

What do you mean by shutting down....Does it just stop transferring data, closes completely/task manager. Maybe queue settings are stopping your transfers after certain precentage/time or maybe your power options needs adjusting in your operating system.

Ok so here are news: Today I was on PC and saw that uTorrent was shut down. But before, only 1 second a message appears. I could only read the first sentence: "windows ran out of memory". So this happens for me after about 7-8 hours every time!

// EDIT: I am using 16 GB RAM, so this is strange... Note: I don't have any other programs open

What version of uT are you using? What operating system? What sizes are the biggest torrents that you run? Follow the memory usage of uT in the Task Manager and let us know what you see there. Stop some of the big torrents and try to isolate the one that might cause this.

Archived